New Sdhc/sdhx Spec Released

Chairman_Now

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/speed_class/

Also includes info on the new UHS-I spec - 104 megabytes/sec - whoa.

I found this quote from here pretty interesting:

If an SDXC memory card is inserted into a PC or a host product that does not support SDXC memory cards, a message may prompt you to format the card. Do not format the SDXC memory card in a non-compatible host product; it will erase the data on the SDXC memory card and format the card for a different file system that will no longer work with SDXC host products.

This looks to me like SDHC devices can indeed address SDXC cards, and format them to a different file system. This is, can they only address the first 32Gb, or can they make use of all of that lovely 2Tb address space?

(we need to find whoever bought that Pandora for over 1000 quid on ebay and get him to test an SDXC card for us! :D)

Pleng said:
I found this quote from here pretty interesting:

If an SDXC memory card is inserted into a PC or a host product that does not support SDXC memory cards, a message may prompt you to format the card. Do not format the SDXC memory card in a non-compatible host product; it will erase the data on the SDXC memory card and format the card for a different file system that will no longer work with SDXC host products.

This looks to me like SDHC devices can indeed address SDXC cards, and format them to a different file system. This is, can they only address the first 32Gb, or can they make use of all of that lovely 2Tb address space?

(we need to find whoever bought that Pandora for over 1000 quid on ebay and get him to test an SDXC card for us! :D )

Obviously, this is due to the infamous exFAT crap (funny name, like if it was fat but no more...).

Please ban this evil filesystem, is patent encumbered. Don't care about Tuxera, they paid a license.

NTFS is pure goodness compared to exFAT...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back