New user help - can't get to the boot wizard

trdn89

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

Long-time lurker, brand-new 1Ghz owner :) Unfortunately, I can't seem to get mine to boot correctly; it goes through the Booting Kernel 3.2 screen and gets up to starting PVR, but when it gets to modem-manager it returns:

modem-manager: (net/usb0): port's parent platform driver is not whitelisted

And then it just hangs there indefinitely. I've tried hard-resetting and removing the battery, but it keeps hanging on this spot. Anyone know what I need to do?

I will also admit that this is my first experience with Linux, so please explain like I'm five. Thank you!

I'd try a reflash.

Download the Super Zaxxon 1.52 firmware, extract the ZIP to the root folder of your SD card, insert that card in the left side, hold the right shoulder button when powering on the unit. Select Boot from SD1 press X (ABXY). You might want to make sure you have it connected to the power supply in case your battery went flat during the initial flash.

I'm facing the same problem and I don't see "Boot from SD1", all I see is:

• Boot to older kernel (2.6.27)
  • Boot in CLI mode
  • Boot with ram cut in DSP
  • USB Serial Prompt
  • Serial Prompt
Help, please :(

Don't you see 'default boot' as the first option (or whatever the exact word is)?

Boot from SD only appears if you've a correctly formatted boot.txt file in the root of the partition. Default boot will boot the OS stored in the internal NAND flash

Don't you see 'default boot' as the first option (or whatever the exact word is)?

Boot from SD only appears if you've a correctly formatted boot.txt file in the root of the partition. Default boot will boot the OS stored in the internal NAND flash
That must have been the problem, I extracted and left the folder there, from some odd reason I decided to use a different SD with the files on the root instead of the extracted folder and that worked.

Thanks!

Back