New video review of the Pandora

There may be something wrong with your VVVVVV config or maybe you have an older version. It runs 100% at stock speed for me.

Excellent news, Notaz's SDL works with VVVVVV now, this mean fullscreen fullspeed fun at normal clocks :)

A big thanks to Notaz once again for all the cool work he does.

But to run it correctly it requires some manual modifications. There are 2 ways to handle it

1. Delete the appdata/.vvvvvv/unlock.vvv file (easy, but not recommended, as some game would be lost)

2. Edit the file changing these lines to 0 as shown <fullscreen>0</fullscreen> and <openGL>0</openGL>

(scaling should be 1, but this should already be set)

If the aspect ratio is run, or the game feels slow then the settings are not correct.

http://repo.openpand...p=vvvvvv.pickle

Last edited by a moderator:
nice video! your stream of consciousness style was pretty entertaining! it looks to me like you might not be using the latest beta firmware which is a shame since you would have seen the great new standby battery time and other similar improvements. i feel like if i did a review of the pandora it would come out like this, looking at the device from a consumer perspective more than a developer perspective. you certainly made the device seem attractive. i guess the only thing i would have added quite strongly was the strength of the development community with the repo and how there are over 500 apps, ever growing. anyway, good work

it looks to me like you might not be using the latest beta firmware which is a shame since you would have seen the great new standby battery time and other similar improvements.

Yeah, that's true, I'm still on HF6. I just don't much like to use alpha and beta software myself.
I know how you feel, and I held off until beta 4 but after all the talk on the subject of ZRAM along with the suspend mode and everything else, along with increase stability really sold me on jumping in and from what I can tell is massively worth it and a huge leap forward in what makes the pandora so great. It is a great sign of software maturity!

The verification/footage of Castlevania:SOTN working flawlessly has made the wait that much harder.

For such a long review it was pretty good. Kinda helped me to order mine last night. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back