GP2X Newer Gp2x Gcc & G++ Version?

Adventus

GP Mania
Up till now i've just been using the compilers that came with DevkitGP2X, but i've ran across some source code that uses fancy features that requires a version greater than 4.0.2. I tried the windows Open2x application toolchain but both g++ files are a size of 0 bytes.... I've tried redownloading. So is there anywhere i can get a newer GP2X compadible compiler (without compiling my own ofcourse)?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Adventus said:
Up till now i've just been using the compilers that came with DevkitGP2X, but i've ran across some source code that uses fancy features that requires a version greater than 4.0.2. I tried the windows Open2x application toolchain but both g++ files are a size of 0 bytes.... I've tried redownloading. So is there anywhere i can get a newer GP2X compadible compiler (without compiling my own ofcourse)?

You can get the toolchain from here:
http://wiki.open2x.org/open2x/wiki/index.p...n#Windows_users

But I think you are looking on the wrong Files. gcc and g++ should be links to arm-open2x-linux-gcc etc.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the toolchain from here:
http://wiki.open2x.org/open2x/wiki/index.p...n#Windows_users
Yea thats the open2x toolchain i've got.

But I think you are looking on the wrong Files. gcc and g++ should be links to arm-open2x-linux-gcc etc.
Both these files are zero bytes:
C:\opt\open2x\gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6\bin\arm-open2x-linux-g++.exe
C:\opt\open2x\gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6\arm-open2x-linux\bin\g++.exe

However, the GCC at these locations seems to work. Looking at the files above, they have a Dos cmd line: "C:\opt\open2x\GCC-41~1.6\bin\AR117E~1.EXE"

Im not sure how to work it, is there a cmd argument i can pass to gcc.exe that'll make it compile c++?

PS: On the off chance they're Linux script files or something, I also tried running them through cygwin, I get a "permission denied" error. I dont know much linux though, so i'm probably doing something wrong.

Have you tried just copying the gcc.exe file over the g++.exe file?

From searching around just now, g++ seems to pretty much just be gcc.. GCC seems to be able to act properly when invoked on a .cpp or .c++ or .C file instead of a .c file.

Haven't tested it out, but if you encounter further troubles, I personally would either switch to development under Linux (works great with Open2X toolchain) or at least install VirtualBox and use the linux version of Open2X underneath your Windows OS. Cygwin is shite.

I've tried using gcc and linking the cpp standard library to compile c++ files, didnt seem to work.

Yeah, I might have to finally bite the bullet and load ubuntu or something. Probably should have done it it a while ago....

Anyway thanks for your help.

Adventus said:

you could also grab the lite version for ARM at www.codesorcery.com (4.2.3) available for both linux and windows. This compiler can compile Cortex programs too.

http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains...?@template=lite

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, thats what i needed to hear, I thought codesourcery compilers would work. Thanks.

Still probably a good idea to finally dual boot linux, i just finished downloading Kubuntu.

Back