News about Ram Upgrade.. vom Gp32spain.com

Sonic-NKT

I, i went todays through my gp32 sites and i found something new on gp32spain.com, it sounds like its about the Ram upgrade so i translated the text with Bablefish from altavista (I dont speak spanish).
And it was acutally some news about a project... the bad thing is that it didnt work until now... but read on your own:

Good, today I have made the first attempt of extension of ram in the GP32. Finally and on the difficulty to find Chips of 64mb, I have decided to extend it (to begin at least) to 32mb. I have acquired a module of Sd-ram of Hynix of 256 with 8 tablets of 32mb. Not to hope more, I have chosen to buy one of which it had not read the characteristics (first error) and have proven to make the change without verifying them previously (second error). After seeing that the console did not start, I have looked for datasheet of the module in concrete and I have been whereupon he is totally incompatible with the one of the GP32 (cagadón) Good, the question is that I have returned to place the chip that comes with the GP32 and the console follows in perfect state and working ok (at least apparently). The worse thing of everything has been the paste that me has cost the Sd-ram module (we will see if I can recover it, since I removed ALL the Chips to him) (another one graaaaaan cagadón) Finally I have chosen to try to buy the Chips directly, without looking for Sd-ram modules. Surely they will leave to me more expensive, but also I will do it on insurance... I will continue informing...

BYE

that actually sounds like an old thread created by a guy named nirvanaj. He was gonna try installing more ram into his gp32 back in april but we never heard from him since. He had a webpage and I went there recently and no new updates. Looks like he gave up? (dont ask me for the webpage because i took it off my bookmarks recently too.)

Back