.next alpha image

I like having the "pandora menu" top right.

When using stylus it is, indeed, far better for right-handed people (you don't have your hand in front of the what you want to click).

Anyway, as said, that can trouble people used the the "classical" layout.

Could that be saved as an alternative, or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also prefer the Panel in SZ.

Didn't try the one from hmc but on my Arch Linux I also have the settings as they are on Pandora.

It has to be on the bottom.

Pandora button has to be left.

Show Desktop has to be right.

No need for a shutdown button. Press Pandora button and D-Pad up and you are in the logout menu. Ok, not in .next, as the Startmenu first needs to be similar to the Pandora menu.

Either way, these kind of configs are quite irrelevant to the progression of .next

I'm sure aTc doesn't give a rats ass where the menu is, he'll just overwrite it with his own preferred settings :p

Why do we use the "hold Pandora button" command for some task kill window that doesn't work properly.

Can't we just use CTRL(select)+Pandora to bring up the real "xfce4-taskmanager"?

Doesn't it work because of the PND system?

Any issue to recompile pygame then?
Nothing major, I just borrowed some patches from the arch PKGBUILD and things worked fine after that.

An opkg upgrade should install it.

Either way, these kind of configs are quite irrelevant to the progression of .next

I'm sure aTc doesn't give a rats ass where the menu is, he'll just overwrite it with his own preferred settings :p
Exactly.. and if you do want to discuss this sort of stuff, please open a new topic for it.

This one should be only for stuff that fails completely, not endless discussions about whether an icon should be on the left or the right side of the screen.

I can connect to my Wifi network with the "nm-connection-editor as root" trick, but after that I have a problem resolving internet names.

My DHCP give me an address, so I can ssh to my pandora :D

If I use IP address or /etc/hosts resolution it's fine, but name resolution fails with nameserver, my /etc/resolv.conf give me input/output error.

If I manually try to resolve names with nslookup and the IP of my nameserver, it's ok.

Am I the only only one with a problem on /etc/resolv.conf ?

So I add next.openpandora.org IP in my /etc/hosts to perform opkg upgrade.

I'll try more this night.

Thanks again for this Impressive works atc !

"Upgrade Pandora OS" fails with the message in the pndrun.out.

gksudo: command not found

--> Please add gksudo (and gksu)

gksu is a bit of a problem, there is no recipe for it, and the one i quickly threw together fails on weird stuff.

Doesn't help that gksu does things the hard way, having to build a gksu library, and then the executable that calls it.

I suspect the OS upgrader is not the only program that uses gksu / gksudo. There are more PNDs relying on its availability.

If gksu / gksudo is too much of a problem, maybe there is another graphical solution, that can be compiled and then linked to gksu / gksudo?

For example, there is kdesudo. May this be easier to integrate?

pkexec seems to be another alternative, and that's already available on .next, as I just saw. 

However, when I tried it using the command

pkexec --user root ristretto

it did not show a graphical dialog, but asked for the password on the console. Also, it then did not start restretto, but simply said "Terminated". Something seems to be wrong here, or I used it in the wrong way.

Several problems :

- The config file /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf is missing, it seems it's not installed by the recipe.

- The file /etc/init.d/wl1251.init is missing, the recipe wl1251-init.bb should be included.

- in .xinitrc : it should be

DEFAULT_SESSION = exec dbus-launch startxfce4 --with-ck-launch

The problem with NetworkManager should be solved, and the logout too.

I'll dump those changes in there tomorow, would be nice if that was all that's required to get networkmanager going properly.

After that it's only the gpu stuff really, although that shouldn't be that hard either if its just a config file and using the fb versions.

Running pnds does still have a few issues.. most of the ones that fail seem to be because they've included some libs that are in the firmware itself, and cause all sorts of segfaults when the pnd one is used.

Attachments

• polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1.desktop.txt
    279 bytes · Views: 259
So far, Notaz pnds work everywhere, maybe we should write a proper pnd compilation procedure for all.

Notaz uses sdl and not much more for his emulators.

Some programs might need other stuff that is not that compatible or selfcompiled.

Packages libvorbisidec1 (A7Xpg), libaad2 (scummvm), libmikmod (ur-quan masters) and directfb (opentyrian) have to be included into the firmware.

Hi.

Just to let you know I'm working on getting libgksu and gksu compiled (it's build system seems kinda broken, but I should be able to do it).

My fork of the repo is here . I'm currently adding all the stuff needed for 'Switch GUI: Openbox'. I'll send you a pull request when I've done, and let you decide whether you want to implement it or not.

Back