Next Gen Survey In Japan

Wow. i agree. That is very surprising considering in other surveys carried out by Famitsu Weekly that Revolution was the most anticipated. Maybe interest has been lost because of nothing being shown for it. The only recent thing that was announced was that Possession will be Revolution bound but even that is not sure.

Or maybe since its main selling point right now is the fact that you can play old games, it's not interesting to them.

Wow... that's some very interesting news.

it really casts an ill shadow over the 360. I still to this day strongly feel that the reason Xbox didn't do better is because it's lack of support from Japanese third party companies, and that in turn was due to total lack of interest in the Xbox in Japan.

In a recent interview (I'm at work so can't look up the specifics) one of the MS bigwigs in charge of Xbox marketing in Japan STRESSED how they KNEW how important it was to get the Japanese interested and get that third party support, and how they were going to really put a lot of effort (and of course, money) into hyping up the 360 in Japan this time around. Well either they haven't started yet, or it's not working :D

I'm not too surprised about the Revolution either. While the Gamecube has done well in Japan, Nintendo's refusal to show almost anything, plus the fact that it's been pretty much confirmed that it will be the latest system to come out, PLUS the fact that it's going to be way down on power compared to the PS3/360... who can blame them for not being interested?

who ever thinks bad about the japs fu** u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will honor and defend my home country!!!!!!!!! practicly racism, i mean how can u stereotype japanese people for being shallow?

Well we're all just gonna have to wait and see which one sells more and is more interesting to the japanese gamers. I bet when Ninty show the controller for the Revolution the poll will switch to have the Revolution as the most wanted but it will be closely followed by PS3. Lets just hope ninty decide to have a Spaceworld this year and show some games of for revolution along with the controller if they even decide to show that

I am not too suprised. The Japanese traditionally shun products from American companies. It is a kind of nationalism and nothing is going to change that. Japanese company = good, foreign company = bad.

saintdragon posted on Jul 13 2005 at 04:19 PM said:
who ever thinks bad about the japs fu** u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will honor and defend my home country!!!!!!!!! practicly racism, i mean how can u stereotype japanese people for being shallow?

Shallow, short and love David Beckham . :lol: :lol:

_38026823_beckham_fans301.jpg

:blink:

Attachments

• _38026823_beckham_fans301.jpg
    _38026823_beckham_fans301.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
Ganepark32 posted on Jul 13 2005 at 05:51 PM said:
Well we're all just gonna have to wait and see which one sells more and is more interesting to the japanese gamers. I bet when Ninty show the controller for the Revolution the poll will switch to have the Revolution as the most wanted but it will be closely followed by PS3. Lets just hope ninty decide to have a Spaceworld this year and show some games of for revolution along with the controller if they even decide to show that
The Rev will never top the poll. I don't have anything against it I just think anyone can see it is not going to surpass the PS3 in sales or demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back