Nintendo 3DS

i actually like the idea of a "nintendo kart" as theres only so far mario character selection can go. if you mix in even one single other nintendo IP, youve got a whole slate of new characters and weapons for use right away. and quite frankly, i wouldnt be surprised if nintendo included Link or Zelda as an unlockable character in MK7 just because of the 25 year anniversary thing, as theyve already shown that theyre including zelda elements in super mario land 3d

I bought a nintendo ds and was increadably dissapointed with it i knew i would be but, bought it becasue it was cheap as chips (litterally) all the games ive played have all seemed somewhat incomplete and just missing something. Resident evil is quite good but gets very repetative i find. And the eshop can only be described as some what of an epic failure

They'd never do it, but if they released a revision with L2/R2, 2nd analog, and 2D only and it cost like $149. I'd buy it. Oh give me XL screen too. :)

I bet some time around march these will all be included in a new model, there are pics floating about showing an addon that nintendo are due to relese which features a l/r2 button and a extra analog stick. and you know whay nintendo are like for releasing slightly improved newer versions of there console. I would guess in ther next 6 months these changes would have been integrated into the 3ds and then 6 months after that they will add a sensible size screen

or they will just release a new model with new features 2 years after initial release like they have been doing since the first game boy...i mean you never know -_-

or they will just release a new model with new features 2 years after initial release like they have been doing since the first game boy...i mean you never know -_-
The first revision of the original Game Boy was released quite a bit more than two years later. ;)

Revisions nowadays are done due to differing tiers of customers, anyhow, and never break compatibility. (For example: DS = early adopters; DS Lite = those who favour cosmetics a bit more than functionality; DSi = those who needed a few more extra features; DSi XL = the same group as the DSi and the older crowd - this model was even specifically marketed towards them.)

I remember when folks said that the "Super Game Boy Advance" was going to have four face buttons instead of two. They were adamant that it would be added when the hardware was revised..........

I also remember when folks said that the DS was going to be dropped and turned into a PDA. They were adamant that it was going to happen within less than a year of release..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be released in a couple of weeks: For Europe and Australia only (for now). :)

30816blade.jpg

It's lovely-looking, isn't it?

I've gotten into the habit of keeping pictures of limited-edition 3DSes, mainly because I like to see the novelty of their different designs. This, for those keeping track, is the sixth special-edition 3DS to be revealed (the first one was done for a Heroes of Ruin competition*, the second shown was for Monster Hunter Tri G and will probably remain a Japan-only design, and the third, fourth, and fifth are the Mario, Peach, and Toad units, made for a prize draw in Japan). :p

*This one is the rarest, with a total production run of only one unit!

Ok, so you all know from another thread that I was contemplating buying a 3DS but was put off by the game prices (more to the point, the growing disparity of prices between games for it and other devices - lets leave it at that).

I already own a GBA SP, Micro and DS Lite and have been trying to convince myself of getting a 3DS for its 3D. I'm now thinking maybe I'll just buy 1-2 3D games for it and then just run the DS games on it.

So the question here is for those of you who own a 3DS, is the 3D on it worth buying it? Am I going to get that, wow this awesome 3D, or is it more of a gimmick?. Also, can anyone recomend 2 good 3D games (I like general shooters and FPS).

You might want to hop back a couple of pages for my views on Star Fox 64 3D. That game, along with Rayman 3D, is one where the 3D genuinely makes a difference to playing, as it allows your real-world instincts to do their job. If the 3D is a buying point to you, I'd certainly highly recommend those, or any others where it makes a legitimate difference with regard to judging distance, volume, etcetera.

That said, if you feel you have to convince yourself, I would consider waiting until there's more software that's to your taste. :p I'm not one who buys on specifications, myself - it's software that sells to me.

Will be released in a couple of weeks: For Europe and Australia only (for now). :)

30816blade.jpg

Sigh... If any news of them coming to the US comes in, I'll have to beg Nintendo for one for... Review purposes.

@ Prometheus

Thanks I''ll check those games out, I'll probably go into a department store and give it a go as thats the only real way to see I guess.

P.S I dont buy spec either, My main gripe is the cost of Games on handheld consoles, that's what I and others are complaining about.

The prices are ok, imo, because most of the time the games that you'll find on 3DS are deeper experiences than most of the games on Android/iOS products.

Ok, so you all know from another thread that I was contemplating buying a 3DS but was put off by the game prices (more to the point, the growing disparity of prices between games for it and other devices - lets leave it at that).

I already own a GBA SP, Micro and DS Lite and have been trying to convince myself of getting a 3DS for its 3D. I'm now thinking maybe I'll just buy 1-2 3D games for it and then just run the DS games on it.

So the question here is for those of you who own a 3DS, is the 3D on it worth buying it? Am I going to get that, wow this awesome 3D, or is it more of a gimmick?. Also, can anyone recomend 2 good 3D games (I like general shooters and FPS).
I personally have yet to find any game worth playing on the 3ds thus i never use it. I cant understand why they re- release old n64 software on it and if you dont like nintendo cutsie cartoon games then i would wait and see if some more adult games like rpgs/action adventures/fps's get released. Until recently there has been no 3d movies available and no games that truly showcase the 3d. I want to like this machine but theres nothing worth playing really.

P.S I dont buy spec either, My main gripe is the cost of Games on handheld consoles, that's what I and others are complaining about.
I guess I'm used to what realistic pricing is...

Alas, you cannot get proper games for £1.23 and manage to pay all of the people who work on them.

EDIT: I should clarify that, as I'm sure someone somewhere will take offence to something that wasn't said. :p The meaning of "proper" when I say it in this context is video games with a very large amount of content, built around interfaces specifically designed for playing video games.

Back