Nintendo 3DS

Wow, I recently found out that there is something like Cave Story 3D". I've seen some pictures but none of them convinced me, not even a little bit. :ph34r:
It's one of those games that's unfortunately afflicted with the issue of screenshots not doing it justice. Seeing it on the real system looks nothing like the pictures online do, and you can't see the lovely animation, either.

Doesn't look anything like Cave Story to me, at least not if you define the Game through its unique 2D Pixel art style like I do.
Well, look at it this way: It's likely to introduce a newer generation to the style of gameplay we're all used to, and that can only be a good thing, right? :D

Prometheus' review here sounds promising, I'm sure it is a nice game. But maybe I'm just to old (school) for the new Cave Story in 3D. Yes, I'm geting old. :unsure:
Going on the age you stated in another thread recently, you're not too much older than me. :lol: (Does this mean I'm also getting old? :lol: )

Mario-Kart-LA-Auto-Show-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 3ds and i didn't like it at all,the 3d effect is awful it's blurrish and it's bad for your health,if you don't have same vision in your both eyes,it will give you headache and you eventually feel ill and will have to see a doctor and if you on spectacles,don't think of playing it 3d. :(

The games aren't very good either,look below about the 3ds games:

Pilot wings resort (it's not good as n64 original pilot wings 64) :(

Starfox 64 & zelda 64 (These games are already on n64,why release them again,you can play on pandora on bigger screen and on tv) :p

Super streetfighter 4 3d (there is no way you can play this in 3d,your console gets moved when you play the game) :(

Ridge racer 3d (It's ok with average visuals,i prefer rr64 on n64) :(

Overall 3ds is awful and not worth buying,i sold it and bought pandora console,which is million times better,the 3ds plays commercial games,no movie player,no photo viewer,no emulation

that sucks the machie is locked,even you use flashcarts,it's only ds mode only and no 3ds content at the moment.

No usb port,no connectivity,no tv out,tiny screen,low resolution,this system is big joke,even

caanoo is miles better than this.

Thanks to Gph for caanoo and Openpandora for pandora,these are the best handheld devices ever. :D

Oh yeah? Well I hate things that you like for general reasons that may or may not be true, too!

for and US residents, best buy is having a nice sale on some of the crappier 3ds games, some as low as under $10, i picked up a copy of samurai warriors, blazeblue, and dream trigger, only because the price was too hard to refuse

Linky: http://www.bestbuy.c...equestid=765283

What a complete load of bollocks. :lol:

Hang on, what is? What ocean said? I hope it is bollocks as I've just bought one for my son and I was looking forward to it as well! I haven't played much on one apart from in shops. I'm thinking if the 3D effect is a pain, you switch it off, Mario should still be ace without 3D surely?

What a complete load of bollocks. :lol:

Hang on, what is? What ocean said? I hope it is bollocks as I've just bought one for my son and I was looking forward to it as well!
Your mileage may vary, but my experience is that, yes, what ocean said is complete and utter bollocks.

The part about it being bad for your health is disputed by optometrists, who say that it may actually be beneficial in identifying problems.

Myself, my own vision is not the same in both eyes, and the 3D effect causes me no discomfort whatsoever (I use an extended battery, and always leave the effect, as well as the machine itself, on), and it has actually strengthened my vision a little bit. Obviously I'd imagine this won't be the case for everyone, but it was certainly a nice bonus for me!

I haven't played much on one apart from in shops. I'm thinking if the 3D effect is a pain, you switch it off, Mario should still be ace without 3D surely?
Correct. :p Some folks also find that setting the depth-slider lower helps, too, if the full-on 3D "volume" is unsuited to their own eyes.

I'm thinking if the 3D effect is a pain, you switch it off, Mario should still be ace without 3D surely?
You can, it is, the 3D has not been found to be damaging to your health at all (any more than any other game system that is. If you're walking and playing at the same time and run into the street then that is probably bad for your health), and the 3D does in fact add a great deal to some games that make good use of it.

It's a console still in its infancy with a new take on display, it'll take a year or so before developers start putting it to proper use, just the same as it took some time before the touch screen and dual screen of the original DS were seen as anything more than a gimmick.

I'm not telling saying rubbish about it it,believe me the 3d effect is not great,it's only in screen,it's not like the cinema experience,it loads of crap.

In uk the 3ds sold poorly because of 3d effect and average software which was released,depth slider doesn't make any difference,for 3d atleast the screen should be 4.0 not 3.5,it's to small to see the 3d.

I swear i had one it was messing me up so bad,i had to sell it.

Rest i leave to you folks,if you think the 3d effect is good,there is nothing on machine is worth playing, i prefer to play n64 on pandora,which has much better games.

If you want turn off 3d that's not the point of 3ds,Nintendo wanted to play games in 3d,if you don't want to play in 3d,don't bother buying one.

Well the 3d doesent give me any problems but i cant tolerate it at the highest setting though i imagine you can adjust to this setting over time. No the 3d effect is not as good as the cinema one its different. its a nice machine but i think it has a terrible software lineup. I have yet to bother playing anything on it except a ds thor game which was dull anyways.Overall im very disappointed with the 3ds and thus i never use it.

well mario kart is out on friday and i'm seriously considering grabbing one (£120 at sainsbury's) solely to play it! it's hard to justify but i do love that damn game...

I've had my pre-order for Mario Kart 7 in place since January. Now it's so close, it is driving me quite mad (even if Diddy Kong, my usual main racer, is absent). :lol:

EDIT: Pun not intentional...

@ Prometheus. Looks like you were right about comparable 1st year ds vs 3ds sales. The 3ds has now outsold the ds in its first year. It took 8 months for the 3ds to reach comparable sales to the 1st year of ds sales.http://www.next-gen....ar-one-ds-sales

I heard!

I must admit, I saw it coming, too, back when the 3DS bettered the DS' first five months. :lol:

Alas, a surprising amount of people failed to. People put far too much trust in biased advertising-vendors-masquerading-as-press-outlets, and then believe the nonsense they spout and forget to fact-check. :p

The 3DS is very COOL! I'm digging mine very much. It's nothing to run thru traffic for, but I'm having fun with it.

I have enjoyed it a lot more in these first 8 months than I ever enjoyed the original DS in it's infancy. It is currently my second most used device behind the Pandora currently. I'm sure that will change once I grab my Vita next year, but if Nintendo keeps the quality games coming(Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, ect.), who knows what will be my main device at that time.

Chris

The 3DS is very COOL! I'm digging mine very much. It's nothing to run thru traffic for, but I'm having fun with it.

I have enjoyed it a lot more in these first 8 months than I ever enjoyed the original DS in it's infancy. It is currently my second most used device behind the Pandora currently. I'm sure that will change once I grab my Vita next year, but if Nintendo keeps the quality games coming(Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, ect.), who knows what will be my main device at that time.

Chris
Its nice but no games appeal to me yet. Still i will keep my 3ds as i wouldnt get much money for it now and there is bound to be at least one or two games ill want to play at some point but really though the vita is right up my alley and am looking forward to it.

Back