Nintendo 3DS

I'm with you on the 3D stuff. I -never- use 3D mode on my 3DS. I bought it as an upgraded DS, not as a 3D machine. I get headaches, eye-strain, and if I play for an extended time and my arms get tired OR if I'm really in the moment (like a boss in a game) then I catch myself drifting out of the perfect "sweet spot" for 3D. They'd never do it, but if they released a revision with L2/R2, 2nd analog, and 2D only and it cost like $149. I'd buy it. Oh give me XL screen too. :)

I'm with you on the 3D stuff. I -never- use 3D mode on my 3DS. I bought it as an upgraded DS, not as a 3D machine. I get headaches, eye-strain, and if I play for an extended time and my arms get tired OR if I'm really in the moment (like a boss in a game) then I catch myself drifting out of the perfect "sweet spot" for 3D. They'd never do it, but if they released a revision with L2/R2, 2nd analog, and 2D only and it cost like $149. I'd buy it. Oh give me XL screen too. :)

Did you see the awkward first party add-on that gives a second analog and a third shoulder? It's not that far off that Nintendo would incorporate that into another hardware revision, and I'm sure they won't want to sell it for less than the current one.

2D only would probably allow a price reduction and a battery life improvement... but as much as it's being viewed as a cosmetic function I'm sure some game developers won't like it. The ones that are trying to push 3D as a gaming element, I mean.

Ya seen the add-on. Engadget says that it makes the 3DS fat but comfortable to hold. I'll buy it if a game comes out that I care about uses it.

I wonder if Nintendo is trying to push/force developers to use the 3D aspect. If they are, that might hurt them too. Just like when Sony forces people to add extra content to a PSP game if it is already available on another system. I mean dont get me wrong, this helps to avoid a straight lazy port -- but a lot of people dont even bother thus reducing the amount of games released for the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure NIntendo "encouraged" third parties to use the touch capabilities in DS too, considering the really dumb applications we got. The kind of thing that can actually make the game worse.

I think that there are a couple of things that could give a huge boost to 3DS hardware sales.

One would be for Nintendo to stop treating their customers like idiots and price their downloadable software so it is competitive with smart phone gaming. Charging over £4 for a downloadable gameboy game is nothing short of moronic in the current market.

The other would be for someone to hack the thing and release a 3DS flash cart.

Not sure which option Nintendo would like most. ;)

I'm pretty much the same way, I hardly ever use the 3d feature and only bought the 3DS for new Nintendo games. Then again, these days I hardly ever use my 3DS in 2d or 3d.

I imagine that using voxels (3D pixels) would be a real pain to animate if you wanted realistic movement. So I think characters should stay as polygons. But environments and whatnot as voxels? Game on!

Sorry DM, I'm pretty sure that we can't let that link stay there, so I've taken it out for the time being.

EDIT: I've checked with ED, so the link's back, at least for now, unless something changes.

They'd never do it, but if they released a revision with L2/R2, 2nd analog, and 2D only and it cost like $149. I'd buy it. Oh give me XL screen too. :)
I'd say, give me a 5 inch screen without the 10 inch bezel and I'd be all over it.

New Layton vs. Wright trailer here. I'm so glad that this one's getting localised. :D The "mob" system looks like a refreshing change of pace for the courtroom.

does anyone else think CAPCOM is depending really hard on selling sexy for the new resident evil game? not even classy sexy, but that big breasted clutzy blonde sexy you always see in corny horror movies

in other news, i wonder how they look in 3D

This guy, http://myworld.ebay....984.m1439.l2754, screwed me out of $160.00. Now I'm waiting to see if Ebay will be able to get my back. In the mean time I got a Cosmo black 3DS today at gamestop. From the looks and feel of it, I say the 3DS is one nub, a physical keyboard and an inch wider screen of a Pandora. Pretty good it seems. Now back to some more megaman zx advent.
Update: after this episode and the thing with the fake sd card I was starting to worry about buying stuff on ebay and most online stores but, ebay has restored my confidence, a bit. I had file a complaint with ebay and demanded a refund after realizing this 3DS would never come. Well, I just check my email, (I don't check my email all the time), and they send me a notice on 9/17 that my refund was posted in my paypal account. It's there. I'm happy about that bit of news. Now I think I will go ahead and look for a real 32gb microsd with my refund to burn. Yay!

does anyone else think CAPCOM is depending really hard on selling sexy for the new resident evil game? not even classy sexy, but that big breasted clutzy blonde sexy you always see in corny horror movies

in other news, i wonder how they look in 3D
I ,member,oops... i mean i remember that the 3d in Avatar made the actresses breasts really pop out of the screen.Not that it was worth the ticket price though.

New Layton vs. Wright trailer here. I'm so glad that this one's getting localised. :D The "mob" system looks like a refreshing change of pace for the courtroom.
Good to hear. Though it's not a system seller, if I ever buy a 3DS, then that is going to be a must have title for me.

Good to hear. Though it's not a system seller, if I ever buy a 3DS, then that is going to be a must have title for me.
Professor Layton's very popular here, so I expect that game to be a constant seller for a really long time over here. :lol:

Back