Nintendo 3DS

I expect this "new" unit to get as much support as the DSi did. "N" is half baked in all that they do, so I'm not totally convinced this unit will get much "new" support.

The changeable plates are cool for those that are in to that sort of thing, but most of them are generic crap with little to no thought put in to them. I did order the Mario themed "wood" one, but since we didn't get the standard unit, I may sale it at some point. The new Majora's Mask one with Skull Kid is really nice, as the the Xenoblade ones. I would like to see some 3rd party offerings as well, as I'm sure they will blow the "N" away.

I was able to get the red/wine color XL here in the states, and it's a very nice color overall, but I really wanted the white standard one with the Super Famicom button layout, as that is and always will be my unit of choice. How NoA didn't see fit to release that unit is beyond me. But the fact that everything they seem to do here is a hellish retail nightmare, it really shouldn't have surprised me. There are thousands of dollars of revenue weekly they just seem unable to take advantage of, and just seem to piss off long term fans more and more.

I firmly believe they are on a downward turn that will eventually lead to major changes SEGA style, but hopefully I'm wrong. Sadly, I see no one there in Japan, or the USA who seems capable of running a "lemonade stand", let alone a multi-billion dollar gaming company.

Chris

My concerne about this Muggen Accu is;

Will the New 3DS XL whit it atached still fits in my Carry Case?? Whitout the 24 in 1 Gamebox which also is in the Carrycase mybe, but i wants boot in one case, because its my conzept of carry the best games for 3ds DS in one Carrycase

Lets hope it will fit..

I'm also enjoying the faster processor, as the 3DS was way slow before. It's still not as fast as the Vita, but it's much improved. It's not lightning quick, but it's no longer super slow either.
Does this mean legacy games don't run at the original clock speed? Or does it only apply to new games? Has anyone done an in-depth comparison to show the difference?

Games themselves, once loaded, appear to run at the same clock speed, but some load quicker (things like cut-scenes also differ slightly due to the quicker loading as will loading in-game).

Accessing the internet is also quicker, as are downloads. Start up times for the system OS are slightly quicker on the New 3DS. I've not noticed any obvious difference otherwise - and that's doing a side-by-side comparison of a few games on a normal 3DS and a New 3DS (not XL).

In all honestly the difference isn't huge, but it is noticable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in NA who bought a New 3DS XL, what firmware version does it ship with?

Last edited by a moderator:
They come with 9.0, 9.2, or 9.4 so far.  There is a list on gbatemp of serial numbers and the version they came with.  So far all the black ones have been 9.0.

This is edactly the thing i ordered,

Testet the sice allready whit the werry first DS, which is about 8 cm thicker than the new 3ds xl, and it should fit my carry case ..

But whe know more next week..

Well, my new 3DS XL turned up and I didn't have too much time to play with it. The download speeds are definitely quicker (who' d of thunk it) and the new 3d is much better to my eyes.

The colour (metallic blue) is nice, but glossy surfaces are a smear and fingerprint magnet, so I'm not a fan generally. Overall, I'm a tiny bit "meh!", but I think if I crack open a game that uses the new nub, that might change. I have average size hands I think but the extra buttons weren't too much of a stretch. I'm personally a fan of the nub, having been a Thinkpad owner for some time.

The colour (metallic blue) is nice, but glossy surfaces are a smear and fingerprint magnet, so I'm not a fan generally. Overall, I'm a tiny bit "meh!", but I think if I crack open a game that uses the new nub, that might change. I have average size hands I think but the extra buttons weren't too much of a stretch. I'm personally a fan of the nub, having been a Thinkpad owner for some time.
As for the glossy finish, try the Skinomi Matteskin protector. http://www.skinomi.com/sk19090-matte-nintendo-3ds-ll-2014-tablet-skin-protector.html

This thing is a God send, no question. I use Skinomi skins on all my devices, and this new Matte version is great, especially on a glossy device like this. I'm not sure if they ship out of the country, but they do offer these on Amazon as well, so there may be someone who ships overseas. Also, this is a "wet" install skin, so if anyone is interested, take note before ordering.

Chris

Muggen Akku was shipped, its now on my New 3DS XL:

Its makes it realy bulky, but i think its now way better to hold..

Longtime tests have to make in the next few weeks, i have now denabeld the low power mode, lets see how long my Game Sessions will be..

So, hear are the Pix from the Muggen Power Akku (in Comparation to the Old DS)..

10405597_908226439197999_2982339658660297118_n.jpg

11054286_908226622531314_1838726137057066801_n.jpg

11050738_908226522531324_2362345660389154177_n.jpg

Good thing, is that Stylus and Gamecard Slot are good to come bye

Played Majoras Mask for about 5 Hours, but the Batterie Indicator in Homemenü dosnt show a diverent..

Hi

I'm in the UK and I'm thinking of buying a new 3ds xl from amazons french site,can anyone tell if I can use a UK 3ds 3 pin charger to charge this 3ds?

Yes you can use every 3DS Charge for every 3DS, even if you have a japanese 3DS, you can it charge whit the UK Charger,

The Input is the same on every 3DS, so also is the charger output,

but the charger input is diverent..

There have been several "work arounds" recently, and this seems to be the best one. Sadly, I'm not really interested in the gaming portion of region free, since most import 3DS titles are in Japanese. I wouldn't mind a few UK imports though.

I'm mostly needing an import N3DS where I can transfer my US e-shop games over, as well as play my US games. This is a positive step, but it's looking less likely I'll ever see a complete way of doing this. I'm still hopeful the standard size N3DS will reach the US at some point, and of course by then, this region free option will be blocked. Damn, NoA Sucks Ass!

Chris

Back