Nintendo Ds Emulation?

edwin_cartagena

Still Fresh
hi! this is my first topic! im latin so my english is not perfect!
well i was wondering how ds emulation will be in the pandora single large screen...
and i want to share my ideas for this emulator, please tell yours! :D

Pandora has a qwerty keyboard isnt? maybe you can press a Button from it and will set the first ds screen in full screen mode that will help in games like mario kart or ultimate mortal kombat! also metroid prime hunters ( metroid prime hunters has a option for using the A B Y X buttons instead of the touch screen maybe you can set the controls for using the analog stick! :D !

also another button for putting the touch screen in full screen mode, that will help in games like ninja gaiden or dead n furius! also a option for putting screens in vertical or horizontal position, but with the two screens in the same pandora... resolution of pandora will be 800x480?? so i think image will not be that bad also putting the vertical option will help in games like brian age!

i hope that with this emulator we can go wifi in ds games, also i hope that pandora has a microphone :(
well now its your turn! please comment and share your ideas for this emulator!! have a nice day!

Welcome to the forums!

I like your ideas but, I doubt we'll ever see DS emulation, and if we did, it wouldn't be for at least a year after Pandora's release and it would be very slow. Although I could be wrong and we'll see near-full speed emulation within a few months of release, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Answering your other questions, yes the resolution will be 800x480, and we also have a mic.

Iorgy77 said:
Why emulate a machine you can still buy and is very cheap?
Ask people who are excited about GBA emulators. CAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO CARRY TWO EQUALLY SIZED MACHINES AROUND WITH YOU WHEN YOU COULD HAVE JUST ONE THAT DOES THE JOB FOR BOTH. Troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be a kill-joy, but why is this in the GP2X section?

On Topic: I guess DS emulation could work in the Pandora as it has most of the essential hardware (touchscreen, mic, WiFi, etc.) and the dual screen of the DS could fit in the single screen of the Pandora, but I have my reservation on the touchscreen as I find it a bit awkward. Unlike the DS & F-200, the Pandora's touchscreen is located on the lid side (whereas the DS & F-200 is on the base)... so I'm wondering if the pressure from touching would move the hinge around. :huh:

Manjuu said:
so I'm wondering if the pressure from touching would move the hinge around. :huh:
Probably not. Assuming the hinge is as strong as the DS'

Manjuu said:

On Topic: I guess DS emulation could work in the Pandora as it has most of the essential hardware (touchscreen, mic, WiFi, etc.) and the dual screen of the DS could fit in the single screen of the Pandora, but I have my reservation on the touchscreen as I find it a bit awkward. Unlike the DS & F-200, the Pandora's touchscreen is located on the lid side (whereas the DS & F-200 is on the base)... so I'm wondering if the pressure from touching would move the hinge around. :huh:
Lots of UMPC designs use this method. including my own. It's actually alright. For gaming, it gives you more ability to use the direction keys/nub with your left hand, while stylusing with your right.

icurafu said:
Manjuu said:

Lots of UMPC designs use this method. including my own. It's actually alright. For gaming, it gives you more ability to use the direction keys/nub with your left hand, while stylusing with your right.

or the reverse : stylus with left and pad with right

maybe desmume could be port on pandora, but i think for homebrew it will be better a rewrite, for example for the ebooks, Lone Wolf DS and here the screen of pandora is very good :)

be careful for eyes think with a resolution of 400x240, the pixel of Pandora's screen is very little ;)

DS emulation is pretty unlikely. Not only the technical side, Nintendo will not be happy.

I wish these articles getting published would stop giving the impression that DS + N64 + PSX full speed emulation will happen out of the box.

teggun said:
DS emulation is pretty unlikely. Not only the technical side, Nintendo will not be happy.

I wish these articles getting published would stop giving the impression that DS + N64 + PSX full speed emulation will happen out of the box.
There should be a sticky that says WAIT AND SEE WHAT PANDORA CAN EMULATE and a link to the wiki IMHO. Maybe then it would cut down on these "can pandora emulate X, when?" threads.

antaresuk said:
There should be a sticky that says WAIT AND SEE WHAT PANDORA CAN EMULATE and a link to the wiki IMHO. Maybe then it would cut down on these "can pandora emulate X, when?" threads.
This guy isnt even asking if, he is asking for features like its already done.

antaresuk said:

There already is a sticky named FAQ that links to the wiki.

Whatever you put in sticky information, you will get newcomers asking some already answered questions :(

teggun said:

DS and N64 won't happen, but PSX *is* very possible :p

Tinnus said:
teggun said:

DS and N64 won't happen, but PSX *is* very possible :p
N64 might be possible, at what speeds is more of an issue, easiest way I would think would be a modification of Mupen64plus and it's plugins.

I added some clarification to the FAQ regarding the DS and other newer systems. Unless an actual emulator programmer with access to DS emulation source code has something they'd like to add, I see no point in further speculation.

teggun said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be first in the queue to develop an emulator of one of Nintendo's two cash cows, especially on another handheld!

Back