Nintendo found guilty of 3D tech patent infringement

Drinks are on him tonight.  $30 Million should buy a few rounds at very least.

Funny that he was a Sony employee.  

5271_c555.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
bad day to be a nintendo fanboy :( :mellow: <_< :unsure: :wacko: -_- :eek:

Hmmm, I wonder if they'll go after the HTC Evo 3d? I believe it uses the same tech as the 3ds.

Pretty ridiculous patent again. Then they should sue SHARP and all the other makers of 3D displays that use the very same technique to give an illusion of 3D. 

I say, as long as you dont make and market ANY product with your patent, your patent should be invalid in the first place. 

you get patents about the most stupid and basic shit. just look at the "slide to unlock patent".

I was playing with 3D images based on lenticular lenses back in the 80s and I'm sure they existed even before then. What Nintendo (and others) did is not new in any way, they just took old technology and made it better. If Nintendo lost it's their own fault for not proving that the technique is at least 30 years old, therefore any patent that would have been filed either should be expired by now or revoked on grounds of previous art.

The principle of showing alternating columns of a surface to each eye. The 3DS uses parallax barrier technology which uses exactly the same principle as the lenticular lenses WizardStan refers to. (You will have seen lenticular 3D images on DVD covers, and tazos and such) Both technologies well predate any of the companies currently using it.

- Neelix

The thing I don't get about 'fanboyism' is that most of these guys, and it's always guys, haven't been in any gangs.

They are classic gang recruitment fodder. Tell them they can call themselves a 'street' name, say 'Nexus6', that only means something to others either in or on the fringes of the crew, and reinforce their belief they are part of a movement.

As a support for these guys - that's fine. Better than Uzis and bitches fo sho, but, and it's a big but (and I cannot lie)

they mostly feel the need to publicly denounce other crews. 'F U M$', 'Pish oan yer chips Intel' or by some other such street language these.. punks make themselves known to the other wannabes and wastrels as one of their own.  

I'm pretty sure it's because we're all shitbags and don't have one decent idea between us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back