Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

For me it's 5 in the Morning, so a half hour before I usually wake up..
so no big deal for me..
i hoped to watch the event via Pyra, well I think my IPhone will also do the job

Well it ain't long now until we get some actual details.. besides the games that we know of & the rumored stuff, what are you hoping to see announced?. I'll most probably be picking up a Switch at some point but if we see a new Retro Studios Metroid.. I'll be pre-ordering asap!

Last edited:
What? Metroid!

Although this is a Nintendo handheld, sorta, I am not really all that excited. I am into it about as much as I have with their recent home consoles, which this also is, sorta. If they intentionally allowed people to run homebrew games/software on it I would be more into it. My interest in Nintendo products for this purpose mostly vanished sometime before the DSi. I still love my GBs, though. Unfortunately most modern stuff doesn't have the same appeal to me that the stuff that was around when I was a kid does, and that is more than just nostalgia, since even the consoles and computers I didn't use when I was young are still appealing to me.

I guess as long as the games are fun I might be interested. I don't think I will be getting one for myself, but I will play a bit with the one that ends up in my house. If the games for me are there I might get one in a couple years.

Regardless, I will be watching the video.

Man. What games? I mean it, what games? Not much for me in that presentation. There are a couple that I might go for, but nothing that I am super interested in. I wonder if they plan on making larger controllers.

Well, the new Mario looked great, as does Zelda, but I just pretty much saw a dead year of releases with nothing coming soon besides Zelda at launch.

$300+ is way to much in my opinion, and after watching that, I stand by my original comments of a Wii U 2.0, besides the new gimmick of controls,I saw nothing that is going to make me pay that price anytime soon, although I would like to play Zelda, but since my son has a Wii U, I can get it there, and save several hundred.

Chris

Even the Zelda and Mario games don't appeal to me. I like side-scrollers for Mario, and top-down for Zelda. The parkour midget stuff kinda looks odd, and the art style of Zelda makes me wish it were an anime series. Maybe Zelda will be more fun than it looked in that video (it looked good when I saw gameplay in the past).

Was pretty underwhelmed. Mario looked like it could fun, despite the rather poor graphics, but it's not a system seller for me. Xenoblade 2 could be cool, but I don't like the series' battle system. Fire Emblem Warriors would've excited me 10 years ago, however the series is DEAD to me now.
But hey, at least Nintendo finally figured out that region lock is the dumbest idea ever.
[doublepost=1484287741,1484287699][/doublepost]
Well, the new Mario looked great, as does Zelda, but I just pretty much saw a dead year of releases with nothing coming soon besides Zelda at launch.

$300+ is way to much in my opinion, and after watching that, I stand by my original comments of a Wii U 2.0, besides the new gimmick of controls,I saw nothing that is going to make me pay that price anytime soon, although I would like to play Zelda, but since my son has a Wii U, I can get it there, and save several hundred.

Chris

Wait til you see the controller and accessory prices then......

Wait til you see the controller and accessory prices then......

Yeah, I saw those, what a joke.

I wouldn't even mind them cash grabbing if they where at least making great games still, but it's the same old games again and again, and with little to no improvemtns. Hell, most of their long running franchises have actually been getting the worst reviews for the latest games.

Chris

EDIT: This presentation was actually worse than I ever thought possible. All it did was confirm my worst fears, as there is no way this will sale well past the release and Zelda, as a PS4/ONE can be had for $250 now, and both systems have great games that can be had cheap, and by this upcoming holiday, both with probably have $200 and under system options, while "N" will be $400-$500 with games and accessories.

So some details on their website

Display: 6.2" 720p Capacitive touch
Storage: 32GB
Storage Expansion: microSDXC slot
Battery Life: 2.5 - 6.5 hours
Ports: Game Card slot , USB C and Audio Jack on portable. USB and HDMI on back of dock. Two USB 2.0 ports on side of dock
Speakers : Dual Stereo (One on each side)
Connectivity: WIfi
Misc: Portable has a stand

Joycon Notes: IR Motion Camera, General motion sensors, NFC Reader/Write, rumble,

No sign of a mic

$300 is a bit of a surprise, I was pretty much expecting it to be $250

Last edited:
To me the biggest surprise (and disapointment) is paid online.

A shame, I like to play Mario Kart online on 3DS and WiiU. I won't pay for it so it means the end of Nintendo online for me.

You know, it would have been an absolutely amazing selling point if the Switch had Smartphone capabilities built in. The main unit minus the joycons is small enough to be used as a smartphone. Even if they charged $399 for that. It would have been a killer feature/package

Even if i only have the new Zelda game in March, its a Day One Buy for me..

Im Still a bit confused about the Batterie Charge Options, whe have 2 Joycons, one Tablet, and maybe the Pro Controller, so how to Recharge all of them ??

It will be my second Handheld This Yeahr whit Rumble Funktion ( the other is the Pyra..)

Ditnt got time today, to getter every information, only the Event in the Morning..

For me it will be Zelda, Skyrim, Mario , for shure, and some of the other games..

Im Still a bit confused about the Batterie Charge Options, whe have 2 Joycons, one Tablet, and maybe the Pro Controller, so how to Recharge all of them ??

My guess would be that you would put the switch tablet with joycons attached into the docking station and the whole lot would charge

My guess would be that you would put the switch tablet with joycons attached into the docking station and the whole lot would charge

That's exactly how it works. Then if you want to charge them and still play, you need the joycon adapter piece as that has it's own plug, and can be charged while still playing.

OMG, did you guys see the 1-2-Switch video? It starts off with two people milking a cow, and I swear to God, when i first saw it, I thought it was a fan made video showing how "N" milks it's fans, and boy was I floored when I saw it was an actually "N" release. WTF? This is the Wii and Wii U all rolled in to one. Home, portable, gimmick ass motion controls, and a HUGE price tag for your efforts.

I had very little interest in the NS after that first reveal, and after last night, I have about ZERO interest. They had a handful of 3rd parties on stage, who had nothing to show, and just talked about what they are bring(maybe, at some point). I'll be getting the new Zelda for my son's Wii U and calling it a day. If and when the NS reaches $200 and under, maybe I'll consider it, but as for now, no way in hell.

Chris

paid multiplayer

J%2BJameson%2Blaughing%2BMeme%2Bpeter%2Bparker%2Bspider%2Bman.gif

looks like Frodo is armed with more than just a ring this time...

i can appreciate that it looks less "open-worldy" and more "campaign/dungeon/boss" action there.

Back