Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Now there’s a rumor that Persona 5 Royal is coming to Switch. As someone noted, it uses the same engine as Catherine: Full Body, which runs on Switch. The real question is why didn’t this happen sooner, like say, when Joker was announced for Smash?

Fingers crossed
I think they would be able to get away with one last refreshed model before switching to a new generation of hardware. Maybe a Switch 4K that would be a regular switch but supports upscaling to 4K, and sports a little bit of a better CPU to make the transition to next-gen hardware easier. Like a 'New 3DS', but without the platform specific games. Having a cheap Switch would be a good idea to, but I guess they already have all the existing ones in the market that lose value compared to a newer model.
At the moment it's not a good economy, so introducing new expensive hardware might not be a good idea. Having a better system in the existing ecosystem would make more sense. As you can get games for cheap but still have modern hardware.
The Xbox-Series and PS5 are on the market for a while, but while they are great it doesn't feel they have left the old hardware behind. That will happen with the introduction on the new Unreal 5 engine games which will be around now. So one year of pushing the older generation stuff would be okay I guess. They can refine the generation and have stuff in stock when they'll actually start selling it.
I do wonder how the Steam Deck clones will do, there are cheap models there that probably out-class the Switch already.

Nintendo announced a Direct for the 22nd. A Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct.

So yeah, I guess Nintendo doesn’t have any big plans for this year after all.

Edit: Those people hinting at a Direct on the 29th are doubling down on it. They say Nintendo just wants to free up more room for their general Direct by showing XC3 ahead of time.

Last edited:
There was that summer sale. I spent around 80 EUR for games at under 10 EUR each. Independend of that sale, games by Daedalic are immensly reduced in price (point-and-clicks down to 1.50 and 2.00), meaning that's still going, I think. But I fear, I've become rather a mere collector of game licenses. I barely find the time to play.

The Big Ol’ Summer Sale ends tonight, and it’s too late for me to go out and buy an eShop card. I don’t really need more games anyway, until I finish the ones I have. I think I’m getting close to the end of Miitopia.

Yesterday i looked a bit on the E-Shop and i found 2 Interesting Games for Preeorder: "House Builder", i wonder how good this is, might be its the same as "House Flipper" but you can also build Houses..

And a Flight Simulator for 9 € which looks not bad, i doupt it will be that good for just 9 €...
I think whit the second one, i will stick whit the Microsoft Flight Simulator over Game Pass..

Man, I don’t know what I’m picking up this year besides Pokémon Scarlet. Maybe Tactics Ogre Reborn? Unfortunately though, as much as I like them, I lack the skills for tactics games. I’ve never even beaten a Disgaea game, a series which actively encourages you to just grind and puke out your stats at everything.

Speaking of Disgaea, Disgaea 7 has been announced.
I guess now would be a good time to attempt Disgaea 6 again?

I don’t think I ever mentioned it here, but there was a leak a few months back of an official (made by Nintendo) GameBoy Advance emulator for Switch. We know it exists, but we don’t know what they plan to do with it. Some people were hoping for GameBoy Advance games for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.

Jeff Grubb was saying he heard there’s going to be a Direct on the week of the 12th, so let’s see how that pans out.

All the NIS America Switch games just went on sale in the US. I’m seriously considering Prinny Presents Classics Volumes One and Two. “But JD, why would you buy old games you can just emulate?” Because I’m a mark, darn it.

The only thing stopping me from doing it right now is hope for even better sales at noon today.

Reactions: rSl
So, did you guys get hyped? Fire Emblem Engage, Octopath Traveler II, Pikmin 4, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and above all else, Ib. It’s Ib. Hooray Ib.

Back