Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

There is a rumor going around that the next Switch model might not be much of an upgrade. It's fine by me, I already have a Switch.

I am kinda puzzled by some of the people who want a non-portable 4K Switch though. If that's the case, why not buy from Sony or Microsoft?

They say they want more ports, but I don't think those would help Switch. There are already three other options for ports. Switch games are what sell Switches.

Yeah, this is "N" after all, so the Pro(or whatever it's gonna be called), was never going to be an amazing upgrade, as it still has to work for the most part with most original games. Will this have "Pro" only type games that only run on the new unit? I'm sure it will, just like the "i" & "N" exclusives of the DSi and the N3DS, as both had games that would only run on the new hardware, but never a huge number as to not piss off the bigger original user base.

Now, this is new territory for "N" and for me to say I know what will happen, I would be lying, as the fact that the NS has sold well enough to even offer something like this still boggles my mind. I agree in the past that their system have been for 1st party titles(and to some degree, still is), and not 3rd party and indies so much, but the NS has changed all that. Most people now buy those types of games on the NS due to having home play, as well as on the go. Most decent games in these categories seem to sell best on the NS as well, even when they perform or look better elsewhere and have a much cheaper cost. With the NS already being well behind current gen systems in regards to horsepower, once the new gen arrives, that gap will be even bigger, and that's what I'm sure this "Pro" will be geared for. Games like Metroid 4 or Bayonetta 3 will probably run fine on the OG, but will have enhanced features for the Pro(better resolution, FPS, etc.), while a small amount of non optimized games, may end up as exclusives, but I'm sure "N" will try and keep that number small. They may also offer some N64 games that may only run on the Pro, as incentive to upgrade, like they did for SNES on the N3DS.

So if you have games where the OG may not handle it well, now there will be an option to offer a beefier option to consumers, at least for those who don't mind the lesser version, for a higher price, which seems to be most, as that's why the NS is selling well currently. So for someone like me who still has yet to buy a Lite(I want one, just in no rush), for sure no reason for me to buy this, but I'm not one of those people who go out to buy the latest system upgrade, cell phone, or car every year. But for those who are in to that type of life style, this will probably be for you, but I would say keep your expectations in check, as this is "N" after all, as their online is still shit and the NS doesn't even have folders, folders people, in 2020, REALLY?. Yeah, that's right, no way to even organize tons of games, so to think anything "pro" is going to shine, I wouldn't hold my breath, but for those who buy anything with a "N" on the box, you already love the "kool-aid", so this should be no different.

Chris

Mt biggest gripe is not being able to dump my carts to a huge uSD card so I don't have to carry them around. As soon as this thing has flashcarts in league with the old NDS carts, I'm straight in for that very reason. As it is, I'm buying more online but I keep getting boxed games as gifts.

@JDTAY

received-551167392179125.jpg

Luigis Mansion 3 was one of the Games, i bought, but because Witcher 3 was also out at this time ditnt played long..
I should continue this Game maybe this long Weekend ^^

Awesome stuff, mate :)
I'm still on LM2, unfortunately. So, I won't touch LM3 until I finish 2.

I never fineshed LM2.
It was as crippled as the DS Paper Mario.

I've also not played LM3 as there are enough other Games and it does not look as good as the first one.
The mansion is no real mansion and has too many colorful "themes".

I got one way back when because i enjoy hacking/ modding.

Recently I have been enjoying the games though. Specifically:

The Turing Test - neat puzzler that involves a gun and orbs to open doors. Also an interesting story
Yougioh- The card game. Actually pretty fun. The story sucks, but the games fun.

Also recently put on retroarch with flycast (dreamcast) and been playing Unreal Tournament

Man, I wanted Dragon Quest XI like two years ago, but then I freaked out and got rid of my PS4. I just now got around to ordering the Switch version. Thanks Covid-19 lockdown boredom.

Maybe I should've went digital instead of physical though, because it's not doing much to alleviate my Covid-19 lockdown boredom while it's in Tennessee and I'm in North Carolina.

I liked LM2 but I disliked the mission structure, it having multiple small mansions instead of one big mansion, and the loss of the portrait ghosts. Though I understand why they did the mission structure; being a handheld game it's meant to be played in short sessions.

LM2 is still very good though. It's still fun to explore everything, Luigi's funny and expressive, the bosses are really fun, and the game improved on the already nice mechanics of LM. Especially making combo's and pulling in ghosts for extra G's is really fun.

I also like the multiplayer mode a lot. It's cool that the game is both cooperative and competitive. Though it's unfortunate that most people online are noobs. They will follow you around on easy stages where you need no assistance and will do nothing but break combo's and waste a lot G. And then when the game gets hard they die and are a weakness because the game places carpet traps due to there being more than 1 player. Carpet traps are AFAIK completely random and cannot be reasonably avoided by anything else than pure luck so sometimes the noob dies and then I get in a carpet trap and thus we lose through no fault of my own and in a level where I alone would have succeeded (due to the fact that the carpet trap would have been removed).

Though when playing with another person who knows what he's doing the game gets very fun. The players will get upgrades really soon thanks to the fact that they'll both be making combo's for G, they'll have a competent partner for hard rooms later on, they won't have to babysit someone, and carpet traps ar enot as big an issue since it's unlikely the other player will die when one's in it. The only thing that really ruins this experience is the key glitch which one is bound to run into if one gets high enough. I remember playing with another good player and we got killed off by an impossible level thanks to the key glitch at level 28 even though the game was not even close to being a challenge to us yet.

If they remove the key glitch and carpet traps then LM2 multiplayer would be really fun.

Recently i have been playing Snowboarding The Next Phase.

Kinda mindless, but basically a modern 1080 Snowboarding for the switch only $10.

Finished The Turing Test, great game

There's a huge Nintendo eShop sale that just started today in the US, but I'm gonna try to hold onto my money until Saturday, so I can see if Atlus shadow drops anything interesting at the PC Gaming Show.

Yeah, maybe not the most relevant thing to this thread, but I don't feel like we need a PC Gaming Show 2020 thread. Maybe we could use a 2020 gaming events thread, but if I start it, half the people here won't see it.

What is this PC gaming show? It's not something I've heard of before.

Edit: Oh, it seems to be a press conference normally held at E3 by PC Gamer magazine. Is it that big of a deal this year?

Back