Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

My Joy-Con is now in East Syracuse, NY, the same city as the repair center. I'm wondering if they do repairs on the weekends.

Also, I tried to play Animal Crossing with just a right Joy-Con today. It wouldn't let me. :(

Edit: My searching tells me the repair center Nintendo uses in East Syracuse is United Radio, and that they are closed on the weekends. They don't close until 8 PM today though, so maybe if UPS is really quick...

Last edited:
I don't use the Joy-Cons. I presume they'd distort my thumbs, if I did.
Also, I'm not convinced they're actually controllers. I mean, the con is right there in the name. :)

Well, UPS says my Joy-Con was delivered this morning, but Nintendo still says they don't have it. Nintendo did say it could take a while for the status to update though.

Enough about me though, there's a Nintendo Indie World showcase happening tomorrow. Even better, there were people over at ResetEra who predicted it and are also predicting a Nintendo Direct by the end of the month.

Nintendo finally acknowledged receipt of my Joy-Con. They warned me though that if their technician determines the damage was caused by a drop or a spill, I'll have to pay and will be sent further instructions. I can't remember ever dropping my Joy-Con, but I certainly can't rule it out either.

The Indie World showcase is in under two hours.

Edit: My repair status says it's being repaired right now. Yay.

Last edited:
My left Joy-Con is back after nine days. Haven't tested it yet, I'm waiting for it to get back to a full charge.

Nintendo is having a sale on multiplayer games on the NA eShop. Might apply to other eShops too.

There is one thing im a bit unsure about: Should i play Final Fantasy 7 on Pyra or on Switch ??
The Advantages of the Switch Version where that there is an option to make it easer, and its looks a bit better than on the OLD PS1 Version, but therefore i can only play when i have my Switch Lite whit me (not whit my usual Pocket EDC),
On the Pyra, i have Savestates, could use HD Filters, and play it everytime as it should be my usual pocket edc, but no Options for easer play..

The Disadvantage is that there is no Pyra yet for me, i have to wait till mid september or so..

On the Pyra, i have Savestates, could use HD Filters, and play it everytime as it should be my usual pocket edc, but no Options for easer play..

You answered your own question! Save states / save files allow gaming to be much more portable. Difficulty is also less of an issue if you have a save state too as you can close and reopen it.

It's not so long to wait after all now :)

I startet to play it on the Pandora, and i came until this temple of the black materia, but unfortunaly, then somewhone ringd on the bell, i acidently hit the Save State Button and then i stand for a Boss Fight where my Save State was quite un usefull :(

I would play it on the Pyra so that you can back-up save files with your regular back-ups and hack the save states when you've beat the game.
Post automatically merged:

I startet to play it on the Pandora, and i came until this temple of the black materia, but unfortunaly, then somewhone ringd on the bell, i acidently hit the Save State Button and then i stand for a Boss Fight where my Save State was quite un usefull :(
That is what back-ups are for!

I can remember that i never want my Pandora for PS1 Games because they where too big at this time, maybe then the SD Cards whit more Space were to expensive, and i had only 2 16 gb Cards at the Beginning of my Pandora adventure..
I only wanted it to play some SNES GBA GB GBC and maybe Megadrive, so all these Emus whit Roms under 10 MB..
In the Waiting Time for the Pandora, i bought lots of Playstation Games, but some where a bit more expensive than when they where sell on Software Pyramide,
When i had my PS2, they where still on sale for a loss, but i ditnt bought because i was naiv that PS2 is better.. ^^ even Final Fantasy 7 for about 20 € (or where it 20 Deutsche Mark) ?? Some Games where then quite expensive..

FF7 isn't a hard game, at least until the battle with S*. Mind you I'm coming round to the opinion that you shouldn't actually play 7, IIRC the generally considered good FF games (using Japanese numberings) are 2, 6 and maybe 8.

Back on the PS1 when I played 7, I never got to grips with the materia system, The twist seemed clumsily applied, although perhaps that's due to the early cgi used with it. Does the switch version improve the CGI at all? There's also some shonky writing in the city to begin with in the PS1 version.

Hey everyone, I'm trying to convince myself not to buy Nexomon: Extinction for Switch or Steam. I noticed there's not a lot of Pokémon nostalgia around here, so maybe you could help me out.

Hey everyone, I'm trying to convince myself not to buy Nexomon: Extinction for Switch or Steam. I noticed there's not a lot of Pokémon nostalgia around here, so maybe you could help me out.
Help us out a bit. Why is it important to you not to buy it?

Well, um... I just think I need to save money for more important things. It would come out of my weekly spending money, which I plan on using to pay for shipping for the Pyra eventually.

It's funny though, 'cause I'm actually going shopping this weekend to lower my bank account back to Medicaid eligibility. I'm probably gonna spend hundreds.

@JDTAY Play ducklings.io Got to catch them all (even if they are all the same)

I ended up buying Nexomon: Extinction off of the eShop. It doesn't release until tomorrow though. Not sure what time.

I am not proud.

Back