Nintendo Wii U

I just got a WiiU basically as part of a "parting gift" from changing jobs. Pretty cool. My niece was visiting and it kept us both quite entertained.

I just got a WiiU basically as part of a "parting gift" from changing jobs. Pretty cool. My niece was visiting and it kept us both quite entertained.
At this point, that is about the only way I'll be getting a WiiU(FREE) :lol:

Chris

Why's that? It's actually quite entertaining. I'll let you know in a little while if I can reasonably consider it worth the money. I'm in a unique position to be able to figure out whether it's worth the $400 I would have spent on it without actually feeling guilty about spending $400.

Why's that? It's actually quite entertaining. I'll let you know in a little while if I can reasonably consider it worth the money. I'm in a unique position to be able to figure out whether it's worth the $400 I would have spent on it without actually feeling guilty about spending $400.
Sure give us some feedback. its not something id buy but im curious to see if it has potential or not.

Currently, I have a Wii that is just sitting here collecting dust due to lack of new and/or good games. Sadly for me, the WiiU has even less games than I'm currently interested in. The only game that has even been announced that would even make me consider getting one currently, is Bayonetta 2. Now if that title is good enough, I may get a WiiU, but definitely not for full price unless there are other good games out, or coming soon.

Now don't get me wrong, I have been a Nintendo fan my whole life, and have bought every new console/handheld that they have ever offered(many imports as well). This is the first one where I just can't justify the purchase. The system seems solid enough, but it really doesn't offer me anything currently that my PS3 or 360 don't offer.

Now for free, I'm sure I could enjoy a go with the New Super Mario Game, but I could just as easily play some of my AAA backlog for other systems I already have. So that's why I made my "Free" comment. Currently, I just don't see the value, and besides Bayonetta 2, I don't see any games coming within the next 2 years minimum, that will change my mind(I personally didn't like Wind Waker the first time around), so an HD version that I'm sure will cost 40+ isn't even on my radar.

Chris

Ah yes, I fully understand that then. So far it has proved an excellent diversion. In the past few days I've probably gotten a reasonable amount of use out of it, definitely worth a freebie. It is far and away the best YouTube player I've ever used. Not the official YouTube channel, mind, that is complete crap, but the browser based player is quite amazing. So far the NintendoLand game has been quite fun. My niece was over and we had a blast. I believe I'll get quite a bit more enjoyment out of it just as soon as I have more free time.

It's a lovely machine and the games I've played really do benefit from that controller, but after 20minutes play my hands turn into claws. It's responsive and the screen is lovely, but it's really not good for long periods of play. NintendoLand pops up messages every so often including "Take a break" - it's not to protect your eyes but your hands! :(

Sounds like it's worth it on this deal then ... £200 for the premium console and a game

Harsh for anyone just paid the full whack for one, that's quite a saving there

IMO, it's light and easy to hold for me. I can play for 10 hours straight. It's that comfortable.
Maybe if you're playing two handed games, but if you need to use the stylus (like in Pikmin), it does get uncomfortable after a while. Something like Metroid Blast is brilliant though, although it's too short a game to play for too long. So normal joypad games=good. Games requiring extended use of stylus (while holding the controller)=bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it's UK too - I got F-Zero for 30p - I didn't want Balloon FIght.

Annoyed that the wallet cannot be transferred/used from Wii U and 3DS - I put a tenner on Wii U and wanted a game on 3DS but couldn't purchase as my wallet is "empty" - way to go Nintendo. Not.

Yep, it's UK too - I got F-Zero for 30p - I didn't want Balloon FIght.

Annoyed that the wallet cannot be transferred/used from Wii U and 3DS - I put a tenner on Wii U and wanted a game on 3DS but couldn't purchase as my wallet is "empty" - way to go Nintendo. Not.
Yeah, this is my biggest issue with Nintendo currently. The lack of an account system is just wrong. I just bought the Pikachu 3DS XL, and I just made my second 3DS to 3DS transfer. So now I only have 3 transfers left.

I'm guessing they just think consumers will just keep buying games over and over for new systems, but they are sadly mistaken if they think I'm that stupid. I know a lot of fanboys are sitting around waiting for VC games to arrive on alternate platforms so they can give Nintendo money for a second and third time, but I'm not going down that route. 

I currently have no plans to buy a WiiU, and until they fix this glaring problem, I doubt I ever will.

Chris

that is ridiculous.

I'm wanting to play the Mario game on U though

Back