Nintendo Wii U

So on Mario kart 8, mirror mode on Toad's Turnpike, the cars don't drive in the opposite direction. WTF kinda shit is this? I was sad when the N64 Rainbow Road didn't have the shortcut anymore, but this is just plain stupid.

I think Toad's turnpike has some vehicles which go in reverse in Battle Mode, I seem to remember having one lane of the highway run in the opposite direction. I may be imagining this though...

I think Toad's turnpike has some vehicles which go in reverse in Battle Mode, I seem to remember having one lane of the highway run in the opposite direction. I may be imagining this though...
that wasn't the vehicles going backwards, it was you. Since half the players are going in opposite direction in battle mode

I think I convinced Nintendo to bring starfox to the WiiU. 

Source: GamerPetitions
Now go convince Sega (Yu Suzuki) to release the last chapter of Shenmue on PS3, then I trust you :)
Oh god - just release Shenmue III on anything, I'll sell my soul for it!

This is how I feel whenever I hear any rumblings about Shenmue being completed - so close, yet so far away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdgIK4xMd0

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! finally 3 starred everything MK8, now I need to beat the staff ghosts!
That's a lot more easy than the 3 star ranking :) .

The hard work is done.
Yup that was a couple of sessions work... I managed to get some reasonable times as a sideeffect! :p

I only need to unlock the golden glider and golden wheel now... so I'll start playing with the steering wheel online... you know to give you all a chance... hohoho

Yay! finally 3 starred everything MK8, now I need to beat the staff ghosts!
That's a lot more easy than the 3 star ranking :) .

The hard work is done.
Yup that was a couple of sessions work... I managed to get some reasonable times as a sideeffect! :p

I only need to unlock the golden glider and golden wheel now... so I'll start playing with the steering wheel online... you know to give you all a chance... hohoho
If you habe 3 Star rank everywhere you get the golden cart

If you did beat all staff ghosts you get the golden wheels.

So you should have the wheels already.

Remember: You can not unlock new parts while playing online.

You have to enter single player to unlock the part.

Even if you fit the requirement the cart part won't be added to your roster when you beat all staff ghosts and play online then.

You have to enter any single player mode and unlock the part in the Character/Cart selection screen there.

Parts won't be unlocked in the online cart selection screen.

That did confuse me more than once.

Also you can only unlock one part at once.

So if you let's say get 300 coins online (3 parts) you have to enter the cart selection screen 3 times in single player mode to unlock all 3 parts.

Thanks for the advice but I was speaking about the Golden steering wheel!

I have just the glider and the steering wheel to unlock.
Glider is a rediculous number of coins and steering wheel is um... using the motion controls a lot...

I will definitely not unlock the golden wheel.

I have to use the wii wheel over 50% of the online races.

No thanks.

Don`t care.

What's the biggest gain of the Wii U?

You don't have to use the crappy Wiimote any more.

It's the controller I hate most.

Mario Kart Wii does support the classic GameCube controllers.

I'm playing it a lot atm.
I do dislike the controller in general.

Did you ever play Castlevania Judgement?

Have fun!

Best Games were Xenoblade, Last Story, Fire Emblem ans smash Bros.

All without the motion controller.

Twilight Princes was messed up because of the pointing stuff.

Skyward Sword was better as it used Motion plus.

Mario Kart Wii does support the classic GameCube controllers.

I'm playing it a lot atm.
I do dislike the controller in general.

Did you ever play Castlevania Judgement?

Have fun!

Best Games were Xenoblade, Last Story, Fire Emblem ans smash Bros.

All without the motion controller.

Twilight Princes was messed up because of the pointing stuff.

Skyward Sword was better as it used Motion plus.
Tried "Red Steel 2" ?

I will definitely not unlock the golden wheel.

I have to use the wii wheel over 50% of the online races.

No thanks.

Don`t care.

You can use the GamePad with motion controlls and it's 50% of the last hundred matches.

But still your choice anyhow. I understand the hate against the motion controls but it's not that hard to get used to... but for time trial I'm going to use a controller! For online there doesn't seem much difference for me in using the wheel or a controller.

Had a go at "Child of Light" at the weekend - Although I'm not into turn based RPG, the design and athmosphere of the game make up for it.

Fly in the ointment: This could have been an easy example of showing how valuable the gamepad can be. Instead of endlessly navigating and clicking ones way with stick and actionbuttons, one could easily drag and drop (or point) his/her way through the oculi and skill tree screen.

Verdict: Great game (especially for that price) if you don't have a problem with a plattformer-(light)rpg mix that has a lot of text in it. Hope the PC version will end up on Gog some day

Last edited by a moderator:
Back