No Color On Tv-out

dannyboy

Still Fresh
Hi!
I bought the tv-out cable from Gamepark and after adding 3 components (cables and scart) I was able to connect it to my tv (which is a few years old), but all I get is a black-white picture. I have tried both tv-formats. Do anyone know how to solve this? Is my tv to old perhaps?

Is it a black and white TV! :p j/k

How old is your TV?
And BTW there have been many reports of faulty and unusable TV-out cables so yours may be one of the many defective ones.

My tv is may ten years (not more I hope). Could that be of any significance?

Hi!
I bought the tv-out cable from Gamepark and after adding 3 components (cables and scart) I was able to connect it to my tv (which is a few years old), but all I get is a black-white picture. I have tried both tv-formats. Do anyone know how to solve this? Is my tv to old perhaps?

If you are in PAL country and your tv doesn't support NTSC you'll end up with a B&W picture... Standard TV-out is in PAL. The latest firmware v1.2.1 supposedly supports PAL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same thing.

SCART to S-Video adaptor. however, the S-Video only displays B&W because the TV does not know how to filter S-Video.

It should be the same for any s-video device. try the s-video port on your CD-player if you have one.

EDIT: thanks reallynotnick. I'll try this.

After reading more into the link I posted it really makes sense. Many tv's with SCART do not support S-Video although the adapter you own does. I am going to make this really simple so techies don't gripe about my dumbed down info.

S-video has 2 different wires in it 1 with the color and one with the blacks and whites.
Composite has both of those in one wire.

What you are doing to your adapter is joining together those 2 wires and making it composite. While you have lost the quality of S-video you get your colors.

I would highly recomned this mod as it will add S-video support to your old tv. While you may not want to do this if you plane on using that adapter with a newer tv because you will lose quality, so simply buy 2 adapters.

Hope that clears it up.

What you are doing to your adapter is joining together those 2 wires and making it composite. While you have lost the quality of S-video you get your colors.

maybe use a capacitor instead of a straight wire to join the color back in?
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html[/html]
[right][/right]
[/quote]

You lost me at capacitor, a capacitor has nothing to do with this at all, (at least I think so), but the link was very good.

If you don't want to open up your scart adapter, then you have another choice which is an S-video to Composite adapter. It is does the exact same thing as the mod I posted expect you don't have wire anything.

[url="http://www.svideo2rca.com/fsvfrca.html"]This Female to Female[/url] adapter is really good for the GP2X because you can just stick it on to the end of the tiny cord and then just plug in a regular Male to Male composite cable and you don't need to have your face glued right up to the TV.

The other choice is [url="http://www.svideo2rca.com/fsvmrca.html"]a Male to Male adapter[/url] which is good if you already bought a fancy adapter for your GP2X's dumb Male S-video. So you just plop it right on the end of your long cable and presto you have your color again!

Back