No computer currently, nice to see Pyra dream still alive.

• Thread starter JDTAY in guest form
  • Start date

J

JDTAY in guest form

Am posting from a Switch, don't want to log in while using an unofficial DNS server to access web on Switch. Glad noone was worried about me suddenly disappearing for half a year. Probably because I still don't have a preorder. I will return eventually, hopefully saner. Give Wally my best.

Holly shit dude we thought youre a gonner.
You last message was "I'm probably gonna be gone a few more days too starting tomorrow due to Florence."
Thought it killed you for real.

Wally was worried about you.

Whoa, forgot about Florence. Wasn't hit too hard by it. Rather, I had an episode of paranoia, destroyed some of my electronics, and got rid of cable and internet until nearly January. Wish I could say I'm better, but I think I'll just hold off on a full return to internet for now.

Just curious, how is it to use the Switch to browse the internet? Is it like any other standard tablet? Is the browser for it out yet?

The Switch has a browser, but it's not exactly "out". It's normally inaccessible, and you have to do a trick involving a special DNS server in order to use it. I'm afraid to log in here because of it.

That said, Switch does have a YouTube app, and that's all we really need these days, isn't it? :p

PowerGod has it. Heavens forbid that I use a device that I own to run legal software that isn't approved by the device maker.

I have Pyra money these days, fortunately, but I think the people in charge of my finances want to see it come out before letting me order it. I dunno, I'll keep talking to them.

Got an official count on my money yesterday, it was over $2700 even after paying this month's rent. Since I have to keep my monthly bank account average under $3000 to stay on Medicaid, this is a good time to negotiate with the people in charge of my finances for a Pyra preorder. They want me to get some more furniture, but with this much cheddar, I could probably get both. I might find out today.

So, um, I asked, and they told me I'm getting the furniture next week, and then I can get a computer on my birthday.

My birthday is in July. Man, that could end up being in that period between when preorders close and regular orders open.

I would hesitate to call it like that personally. We know there are at least two batches worth assuming the second batch of units is the same size as the first (which may be an assumption too far if pre-orders explode once the first units in the wild hit the internet, but we'll see), meaning that even if the first batch drops say june time, the second maybe august time, and later batches on from there. I guess that until ED catches up with the head of the preorder queue he'll keep them open.

*cough* just a reminder that it took years to work through the pandora queue.

Yeah, but that may have something to do with the fact that many of us ordered with the wrong person, who apparently produced a few units, then advertised a 1GHz upgrade program, then sat on the money as it flooded in, feeling sorry for himself. Once ED took over production, it sped up production rather a lot, although I think I've lost my emails from back then so I can't tell how long it actually took.

Edit: I'm not sure, since the emails don't actually contain what you ordered back then, but I ordered something in 2012 for just shy of 500EUR that was on back order then, two days later, it got shipped. That could have been my pandora. My conversation with a certain lady about ordering from a certain man are on an lost old account though.

Last edited:
My order from ED also took years.
You better refresh your memory on this.
We had the case that paying different amounts of money made you go faster in the waiting line.
So i paid 330€ and waited three years because i wasnt sure if i should throw more money on it.
For reference for those not knowing that time: The profit from the expensive sold units was used to build the cheap ones, production price changed when it was moved to germany and with 330€ it was not possible to make a unit. So this was the only way possible to deliver.
A rather risky game ED played, news from Craig giving up and pandora branded as fraud all over the news THEN asking for more money after years of waiting time already.
Its actually hard to believe that ppl gave him money, if i had been a tiny bit older at that time i would not have ordered myself.

Yeah, I only ordered from Craigix once I saw actual production units running PSX and stuff. Until then I didn't really believe it was more than a pipedream. Of course, it turned out that I still kind of jumped the gun, but I was determined not to spend any more money with him after ordering then so I ignored all of the shenanigans; IIRC I stopped visiting here then and got all my news from pandorapress for a year or two. Then, when ED started actually publishing regular news updates, albeit with limited info from production for the first while, he built trust with me, and once he picked up production himself I decided to support him with my wallet. Evidently, pandoras were designed to be manufactured, just you needed to be more on the ball to actually get them made.

Back