No computer currently, nice to see Pyra dream still alive.

• Thread starter JDTAY in guest form
  • Start date

So, uh, I just dropped over a grand on furniture. I'll still have Pyra money in July though. I mean, you get what you pay for. If I were afraid to drop huge wads of cash, I wouldn't even be interested in Pyra.

...My bank account! The rationalization does nothing! :'(

I might take a break from posting on these forums until July. I just get the feeling that I can't really be helpful to the Pyra community without a computer.

In fact, I sometimes get the feeling that I'm driving people away...

I wouldn't take anything Elw3 says on face value, if I'm honest. You haven't irritated me yet this time, although perhaps most of your posting has been happening in threads I've already ignored.
Dafuck is the meaning of this gibberish?

JDTAY move you ass back on irc. All the others there are lame as hell and i am bored.

Even if I could run IRC on my Switch, typing is fairly slow on this thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm even more bored than you are, but the people in charge of my finances say absolutely no computer until July. It's partly because of how I destroyed the last one. They wanna make sure I know I can't just turn around and get a new computer every time I freak out and destroy one.

@JDTAY sorry if this is beyond nosey-parker, but when you say "How I destroyed my computer", do you mean just that "I destroyed my computer" or how you actually did it? Like, did you shoot it, Elvis-style or something?

What happened, man?

@JDTAY sorry if this is beyond nosey-parker, but when you say "How I destroyed my computer", do you mean just that "I destroyed my computer" or how you actually did it? Like, did you shoot it, Elvis-style or something?

What happened, man?

Maybe he just sold the components to buy some pizza

What happened, man?

I mean just that I willingly destroyed it due to paranoia. My meds have changed a bit since then though; hopefully my mind is more stable.

Maybe I will buy an RPi setup to tide me over. Even that could take a few weeks though; they only give me $40 a week these days to spend.
[doublepost=1555080796,1555079125][/doublepost]Just checked, an RPi3 computer setup without display is like $85. Not bad...

FFS where the heck are you checking? PIs are around 30, cheap china clones 10 and basically shipping only used from ebay.

I meant a full computer setup with all the goodies included. RPi3 itself is only $35 at the site I checked. It kinda needs a case, power supply, keyboard, mouse, etc. to go with it though.

Don't forget you'll also need a microSD card to go with it, if you haven't got a shash of those already like the rest of us. Should only need a few GB for the OS, so an old 16GB µSD card should do you fine.

@JDTAY well, thanks for answering so frankly. I wish you well and hope you have a swift and solid recovery.

A Pi3 with a case and keyboard might just be what you need.

Actually, I've been thinking it over, and...

@ptitSeb Could I handle an ODroid C1+, or would it all be over my head?

You just seem to like it so much, I was thinking it must be superior to RPi.

Actually, I've been thinking it over, and...

@ptitSeb Could I handle an ODroid C1+, or would it all be over my head?

You just seem to like it so much, I was thinking it must be superior to RPi.
I don't know the C1. I would suggest either the XU4, because it's the most well supported and most powerfull (well if you don't count the never release N1 and soon to be release N2). But it's 32bits only.
Or you can want for the N2, that will be 64bits (not sure it's out yet).

C1+ is the same price as RPi3 though, $35. I guess the jump to $59 for XU4 isn't that bad, considering what you get. I dunno though, if I wanted something with a cooling fan, I'd be getting a GPD Win Max instead of Pyra. How long does the XU4 last?

The irony of posting this from a Nintendo Switch is not lost on me.
[doublepost=1555103898,1555100904][/doublepost]Anyway, I think I'll start that break now. I'm just feeling kinda burnt out. Too much browsing...

Got my furniture delivered today. It's nice. I didn't really ever take that break, did I? Oh well.

Right now I'm just brainstorming game ideas for when I get FUZE4 Nintendo Switch. Not much else to do with no computer. Maybe use my Roku to catch up on JoJo?

Back