Release No Friction

mcobit

Advanced Member
Here is a port of No Friction,

A game, where you have to collect all green dots and then maneuver the ball into a hole.

http://remar.se/games/games.html

I adapted this a bit to Pandora, but instead of non-aspect-ratio-keeping stretching, I thought the space is better used with some helpmessages on the right.

Tell me, what you think about it.

nofriction1.png

nofriction3.png

Get it on the repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=nofriction-friction-1397

I really like the sidebar idea. It has echoes of so many old school games:

E1VT2.gif

You could stamp your 'brand' on all your ports this way ;) Cheers for the port by the way, will grab and test.

Very enjoyable but I had no audio. :(

Would be 10/10 if there was audio. Otherwise 8.8/10. :p

But I will play it often as is.

Cheers!!!

Thanks for your comments.

We discussed this idea a while back iirc, when almost nobody had a pandora and I thought, maybe I can use the space in that way, moving some stuff like help, developerlogo and leveldisplay from the gamefield, what makes the game a bit better to see. A bonus is, that there was still space for a pandoralogo :)

Also I could include some touchcontrols on the side. With this kind of game it would be possible to play with the stuylus exclusively then.

I will experiment a bit with what is possible.

There is no sound in it :( . But maybe I can add some. Even for me the code doesn't look too complicated. And as a learningexperience, this could be fun. Any suggestions, what kkind of audiothere could be?

^

Another well done port! Sidebar is schweeeet!

I'd be happy if I could just have audio from another app in the background, haven't tried that yet, but making that an audio option would be cool if not too difficult.

Thanks again for all your time and effort into these ports!

Cool game!

Sound effects for the various events would be nice (start ball motion, hit solid wall, collect dot, break brick, collect all dots/ drop force field, hit trap, moving trap, hit force field, complete level, etc.)

Something retro sci-fi or retro video game sounding.

If you make the sound files external to the program like the graphics and levels are then people could possibly make/adapt their own sound themes.

For example a Star Trek sound theme would be fun, but you would probably not want to include that with your program for copyright/ intellectual property reasons.

Generic sci-fi/video game sounds would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a little bit like the good old "OXYD" games. :) if you like these games, you should try "ENIGMA", also available for the Pandora. ^^

Back