No Gba Love Yet?

darkriku

Ive searched all over and i just cant find a gba emulator for the wiz... Has it not been ported yet?

Gpsp? Nope, there is currently no port of it. Exophase didn't say there won't ever be but he didn't seem particularly thrilled at working with the GP2x codebase again either ;).

awww i love my gba maybe if i offer his a cookie hell port it for the gp2x world

It is GPL, other people can do it ;P It has nothing to do with being GPH, it 's because of other reasons that I don't feel like repeating over and over again.

I dont know how to code :( or even recompile and stuff someone make this work please!

Recompiling is as easy as using the wiz toolchain is it not? I know stuff would be broken and some things just wont work at all but I could quite easily recompile stuff myself. I just wouldn't bother releasing these non optimised ports.

Exophase posted on May 16 2009 at 04:13 PM said:
It is GPL, other people can do it ;P It has nothing to do with being GPH, it 's because of other reasons that I don't feel like repeating over and over again.
?!

Sad to hear. I guess I'd (and others) assumed you were interested since you have a Wiz.

Well, there's another reason why I'm not buying one just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty upset GBA would be Excellent on the wiz and without it the wiz seems to be missing alot

darkriku posted on May 16 2009 at 07:32 PM said:
Im pretty upset GBA would be Excellent on the wiz and without it the wiz seems to be missing alot
-sigh-

Arent' there OTHER people than those on this board who make stuff for the wiz?

jacksterson posted on May 16 2009 at 11:03 PM said:
-sigh-

Thing is, Exophase is the original creator of gpSP. The guy is a genius at emulation.

Prophet posted on May 16 2009 at 11:00 PM said:
jacksterson posted on May 16 2009 at 11:03 PM said:
-sigh-

Thing is, Exophase is the original creator of gpSP. The guy is a genius at emulation.
Sorry for anyone who saw what I typed earlier, I'm just rather grumpy that the snes emulator isn't working on my wiz (it runs very slowly and is impossible to exit out of unless I power off the wiz) and that the gba isn't ported yet.

Anywho, I'd be eternally greatful (and not regretful for getting my wiz) if you DID port gpSP to the wiz... I'll help in any way I can (I can make gfx and stuff).

and that the gba isn't ported yet.
Then you're running SNES9x, not PocketSNES.
If you downloaded PocketSNES from the archive, there are TWO files to run. The one is SNES9x...

Run the other one (PocketSNES), set sound to 22050.

And go back to the menu by pressing VOL- and VOL+ at the same time.

Last edited:
I'm sometimes using gpSP to play Advance Wars, so will do a build when my Wiz comes (if it ever does), and if no one does it before me.

Exophase posted on Feb 9 2009 at 07:49 PM said:
I don't know, but leave gpSP alone, I have dibs on it >_> (the version I'll have should eventually be a lot better than the one here)

Why did you say that and change your mind though it just seems like that statement kept other from porting it sooner and now we are waiting for a port not trying to be mean just saying.

darkriku posted on May 17 2009 at 10:55 AM) [quote="Exophase posted on Feb 9 2009 at 07:49 PM said:
I don't know, but leave gpSP alone, I have dibs on it >_> (the version I'll have should eventually be a lot better than the one here"]
Why did you say that and change your mind though it just seems like that statement kept other from porting it sooner and now we are waiting for a port not trying to be mean just saying.[/quote]
Are there any guides to learning how to code emulators and such I really want to learn so I can be helpful to the Wiz community.

Back