No Gba Love Yet?

Exophase posted on May 26 2009 at 03:08 PM said:
darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 09:24 AM said:
Exophase posted on May 26 2009 at 05:04 AM said:
Would you guys not constantly nag the developers? >_>
Who's nagging you not your even supporting the console were talking about so chill
I said nagging the developers, not me in particular... you guys keep posting and posting asking for status are like little kids screaming "are we there yet?" And PMing people a few days after they mentioned they'd do something to nag them about how they're doing... why not just let them do what they're going to do and post it when they're done? Nagging isn't going to get it done any faster.
Also, just because I don't want to do gpSP right now and have delegated it to other people (but would do it if no one offered) doesn't mean I'm "not supporting the console." I did Wiz mmuhack, I'm doing Temper for it, and I also intend on working on some other things.. what are YOU doing to "support the console", aside from annoying people?

I do nothing and should be flamed for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase posted on May 26 2009 at 03:08 PM) [quote="darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 09:24 AM said:
Who's nagging you not your even supporting the console were talking about so chill
I said nagging the developers, not me in particular... you guys keep posting and posting asking for status are like little kids screaming "are we there yet?" And PMing people a few days after they mentioned they'd do something to nag them about how they're doing... why not just let them do what they're going to do and post it when they're done? Nagging isn't going to get it done any faster.

Also, just because I don't want to do gpSP right now and have delegated it to other people (but would do it if no one offered"] doesn't mean I'm "not supporting the console." I did Wiz mmuhack, I'm doing Temper for it, and I also intend on working on some other things.. what are YOU doing to "support the console", aside from annoying people?[/quote]Honestly, I don't think anyone on this board, save for the devs, actually have an idea of how tedious and difficult software development can be. It could possibly be months before anyone releases anything close to what the standards of original GP2X were, sofware-wise. And quite honestly, I would much rather wait for a mature, fully-optimised piece of software. You aren't exactly showing the hard-working developers much respect, especially considering that they're writing/porting this software in their free time, without any real payment. How can you complain about something you're getting entirely for free? No one on these boards, or ANYWHERE for that matter has to "support" this console, save for GPH. Stop bitching or GTFO. On a side note I would like to THANK the devs that spend time on releasing software for the wiz for the awesome job they've done getting things working. You guy's own. =]

b1ueskycomp1ex posted on May 26 2009 at 04:24 PM said:
Honestly, I don't think anyone on this board, save for the devs, actually have an idea of how tedious and difficult software development can be. It could possibly be months before anyone releases anything close to what the standards of original GP2X were, sofware-wise. And quite honestly, I would much rather wait for a mature, fully-optimised piece of software. You aren't exactly showing the hard-working developers much respect, especially considering that they're writing/porting this software in their free time, without any real payment. How can you complain about something you're getting entirely for free? No one on these boards, or ANYWHERE for that matter has to "support" this console, save for GPH. Stop bitching or GTFO. On a side note I would like to THANK the devs that spend time on releasing software for the wiz for the awesome job they've done getting things working. You guy's own. =]
I'm not a dev for the Wiz, but as a computer science major currently working on a degree I definitely know how frustrating and tedious writing code is. My assignments have been nowhere near the complexity of writing an emulator and even THEY are enough to drive you up the wall after spending hours wondering why one simple thing doesn't work. Trust me guys, those of you who aren't on the tech side (which I'm not either as far as the Wiz is concerned, but I still feel inbetween because I'm at least familiar with writing programs in general) should just chill. It's a lot harder to work on things when you have people breathing down your neck too. The only thing I don't agree with is that I don't mind working with software that is buggy and not optimized, but that's because I'm patient and understanding. Unfortunately, this does not describe the entirety of any large community, so I can see why a dev wouldn't want to release an early version and be met with hundreds of "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING YOUR EMULATOR IS AWFUL"s. So, I'll just sit and continue to be patient until the devs are ready to release whatever they come up with. With the libraries of games for the currently working emulators to play, it's not like I'm in such a hurry that I desperately need a GBA emulator. After all, I've been trying to beat Dragon's Lair since I was a wee lass, I still have that to sort out before I can play GBA games.

No, No, No and No. Something's wrong, definetly wrong. In this post, in this forum in these day.
It was different before, I'm sure.

Devs are all volunteers and they enjoy thier work as much as we do.
No body cannot push them to work or not and no body shouldn't. If something missed what you need, then try to fix it by yourself or wait for next version. You can PM original author for help, of course, but it's not his obligation that fixing/adding 'your wish-functionality'

What the heck do you think they deserve getting PMing 'Are we there yet'?

I DO have a wish-list but I am actually already enjoying my Wiz with current programs (even with tearing screen and poor controls) and every new program is just pleasant surprise.

I don't know Expophase is supporting Wiz or not, but I know his great works and supports for open console society(! ) How can you say to him just 'chill out'

Show some respect, man.

PS. I recommand you playing X-COM for waiting GBA. Someone may port GBA emulator nicely when you finished both scenarios. may not.

darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 07:00 PM said:
I dont know how to code so ive pretty much just been bug hunting and reporting what hasnt been found yet so yeah.
So have you found all of those bugs yet? We need detailed reports of which software bugged out and when and how.

Please hurry up and post as devs are waiting for the detailed report.

Are you done? Where are they?

And also I think people should be banned instantly if they ask for playable Saturn, Dreamcast, N64 or PSX emus on the Wiz <_<

DaveC posted on May 28 2009 at 03:53 AM said:
darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 07:00 PM said:
I dont know how to code so ive pretty much just been bug hunting and reporting what hasnt been found yet so yeah.
So have you found all of those bugs yet? We need detailed reports of which software bugged out and when and how.
Please hurry up and post as devs are waiting for the detailed report.

Are you done? Where are they?

And also I think people should be banned instantly if they ask for playable Saturn, Dreamcast, N64 or PSX emus on the Wiz <_<

...... im being flamed and dont think i deserve it but okay.

Porting an emulator is very complex work that require rewriting a lot of code and doing a lot of tests in the machine. Is not only clicking a "compile" button. The Wiz is released only one or two weeks ago, and there isn't a developer's board to debug with the retail units yet. Besides, many developers have a job and work 8+ hours a day. They make this for free in his spare time. So be pacient and pleasant, and you will have your favorite apps and games. Enjoy the scene. :rolleyes:
(here, "you" is for all, not one person)

darkriku posted on May 28 2009 at 12:10 AM said:
Reading thru the thread - you completely deserved what you got.

This community is old, and you will quickly alienate yourself from us if you annoy the people that truly make this scene happen (hint, it's not people like me and you, it's the programming geniuses who share their hard work with us for free).

The only emotion you should show the devs is appreciation. Any whiny impatience is best kept to yourself.

darkriku posted on May 28 2009 at 05:10 AM said:

I think this is why you deserve everything you get:

darkriku posted on May 26 2009 at 10:24 AM said:
I was really laughing out loud at you when you posted that - you have no idea who Exophase is, and what he's done :p

D.

Speaking of handheld console emulation, Are there any wonderswan emulators that might become available for the GP2XW? I only know of two, one of which has source I could find here http://www.zophar.net/ws/oswan.html

Not sure what it's written in, or if it's easy to port at all. Just a thought. =P

EDIT: found a GP32 port, but not sure if source exists.

is that the handheld which half of the games were digimon * used to love digimon*

Yeah, the Wonderswan had quite a few Digimon games, as well as quite a few Megaman games. I really liked the port of Wizardry to the WSC (mostly because it was in English!) and Hataraku Chocobo was pretty good once I figured out what in the world was going on. For once the internet wasn't much help for that. The only other WS game I had was Densha de Go!, and despite not being too bad for a black and white WS game, I'd still rather play the PSX version any day.

Well to get things back on track for gpsp.

I've noticed when trying to run a rom file that's rather large the system hangs, not sure if I just need to leave it be to load or what. I tried running kingdom hearts which is like 33MB (tried a couple different versions) and none of the them will run.

And now....I just bought my wiz, and kudos to the devs who make the community go. I wish I could dev/code just to put in my share of work but, I'll donate when possible :p

Back