No, you cannot:

Turnip said:
What about Mario Galaxy 2?

It requires a small hack. And by hack... I mean 'away'. And by 'hack away' I'm referring to parts of your brain. It's a small price to pay really. I'll post a guide soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
SomeGuy99 said:
Turnip said:

It requires a small hack. And by hack... I mean 'away'. And by 'hack away' I'm referring to parts of your brain. It's a small price to pay really. I'll post a guide soon!
Easy. Place your pandora on the top of your wii, lid down for now. Use blu-tack to security it and connect the TV-out to the TV. Insert the game disk into the wii and connect to your TV, replacing the Pandora cable if need be. Select this input on your TV and away you go. Optionally switch on the Pandora. By chance the wiimotes will totally ignore the Pandora and connect to the wii.

may88 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Turnip said:

Easy. Place your pandora on the top of your wii, lid down for now. Use blu-tack to security it and connect the TV-out to the TV. Insert the game disk into the wii and connect to your TV, replacing the Pandora cable if need be. Select this input on your TV and away you go. Optionally switch on the Pandora. By chance the wiimotes will totally ignore the Pandora and connect to the wii.

Please don't post misinformation. That's not what we're attempting to accomplish here!

Okay, I have a second method to activate Wii mode for the Pandora. I'm preparing a file called 'Imagination.PND' which contains all the needed libraries and dependencies for the application. Don't worry, it's a nice simple GUI program! When you load it up, it interfaces with your brain and streams the information there. I experimented a bit and found that Bluetooth maintains a more stable connection, so this is the default option for now.

Once the streaming is activated, push the 'power' button on your Pandora. At first you may see a black screen, but give it a moment. Hopefully you've now enabled your Pandora in Wii mode! To return to the normal OS, just hit the power button again.

Button mapping is entirely configurable, but done on the streaming connection end (not on the Pandora). To get motion controls, just move the Pandora around; The code you ran on the Pandora installed an accelerometer chip, but it's only active in Wii mode.

SomeGuy99 said:
may88 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Turnip said:

Please don't post misinformation. That's not what we're attempting to accomplish here!

Okay, I have a second method to activate Wii mode for the Pandora. I'm preparing a file called 'Imagination.PND' which contains all the needed libraries and dependencies for the application. Don't worry, it's a nice simple GUI program! When you load it up, it interfaces with your brain and streams the information there. I experimented a bit and found that Bluetooth maintains a more stable connection, so this is the default option for now.

Once the streaming is activated, push the 'power' button on your Pandora. At first you may see a black screen, but give it a moment. Hopefully you've now enabled your Pandora in Wii mode! To return to the normal OS, just hit the power button again.

Button mapping is entirely configurable, but done on the streaming connection end (not on the Pandora). To get motion controls, just move the Pandora around; The code you ran on the Pandora installed an accelerometer chip, but it's only active in Wii mode.

wow you guys are jerks (I say this while laughing at third parties).

JagAgemo said:
SomeGuy99 said:
may88 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Turnip said:

Sorry if I seemed like a jerk. We were just having fun with each other I think. Is that okay?

SomeGuy99 said:
JagAgemo said:
SomeGuy99 said:
may88 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Turnip said:

Sorry if I seemed like a jerk. We were just having fun with each other I think. Is that okay?

I think we were. :p Sorry, if I could post something constructive then my name would be Gruso or Mali. I tend to turn troll after nine.

Multiplex said:
cosurgi said:
my humble apologies, but the difference between software hacking, and developing still eludes me.
My hunch on this is that the Developer's corner could be more "Application programming", writing/porting games and applications targeting stock firmware, while "Software hacking" would include alternative OSes and distros, experimental package managers, beta firmware, driver hacking, etc. That could be an useful distinction, as you'd know people in here might be using a non-standard configuration, while the people in the Dev. corner wouldn't be subjected to low-level technical details.

I somehow had expected only one new forum for both hardware and software mods, but I guess this way makes sense. Wonder if warranty-breaking OCing goes under Software or Hardware hacking. Guess it depends on whether you just modify the hardware registers or if you do a full-blown cooling rig. :)

My thoughts on this is Development means working on stuff that "doesn't exist <in working conditions>" either hardware or software while software hacking is modifying/adding to software that already exists to make it better/different. Hence research and development is not research and hacking.

Back