Nokia USB OTG adapter

singe8

Still Fresh
Because my Pandora's left nub is broken, I bought an otg adapter that was listed on the Pandora wiki as working, so I could use my logitech gamepad to play games that use analog controls. Unfortunately it doesn't work. It seems to be trying to draw power from the controller as whenever I plugin the adapter when my Pandora is off it turns on. The gamepad only uses 100mA and should work if the adapter works. I also turned on the usb network service, and I know the gamepad is not working because if it was working the light would turn on. I have even tried it with several usb drives that work in the main usb port. I have even tried forcing the otg mode to switch with commands that I have found on the forums.

Does anyone else use this adapter? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If the wiki was completely wrong than is anyone else actually using an otg usb adapter that actually works?

Because my Pandora's left nub is broken, I bought an otg adapter that was listed on the Pandora wiki as working, so I could use my logitech gamepad to play games that use analog controls. Unfortunately it doesn't work. It seems to be trying to draw power from the controller as whenever I plugin the adapter when my Pandora is off it turns on. The gamepad only uses 100mA and should work if the adapter works. I also turned on the usb network service, and I know the gamepad is not working because if it was working the light would turn on. I have even tried it with several usb drives that work in the main usb port. I have even tried forcing the otg mode to switch with commands that I have found on the forums.

Does anyone else use this adapter? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If the wiki was completely wrong than is anyone else actually using an otg usb adapter that actually works?

This might be a stoopid question? but you are using a usb 2,0 hub right?

You don't need a hub for the OTG port, only for the main port.

Of course, if you had already plugged a USB1.1 device into the main port, it will have crashed the controller and even the OTG port wouldn't work. Needs to be shut down and restarted (actually shut down, I don't think a simple reboot works but I could be wrong)

You can test if there's a problem with the USB by shutting down your Pandora and restarting it so everything is nice and clean, putting your SD card into Mass Storage mode, and then plugging the Pandora into itself. You should then be able to access the SD card through the USB. If you can't, there's a problem that may require an RMA. If it does, getting your other devices to work is probably just a software issue.

What you suggested does work, which is good, I was hoping not to have a hardware problem. That means it is definitely a problem with the adapter. If the controller was getting power at all, as I said the light would turn on. It turns on even if there are no drivers installed.

Back