Non-graphical boot?

Create a file named autoboot.txt in root of FAT32/ext2 SD card with this content:

Code:
setenv bootargs ubi.mtd=4 ubi.mtd=3 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rw rootflags=bulk_read vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K psplash=false

Place it into left slot and reboot.

X/xfce/minimenu is started by /etc/init.d/slim-init, remove symlinks from /etc/rcX.d if you want to run it manually (or use update-rc.d to do it for you).
OK, so I just type slim-init to start X then?

Create a file named autoboot.txt in root of FAT32/ext2 SD card with this content:

Code:
setenv bootargs ubi.mtd=4 ubi.mtd=3 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rw rootflags=bulk_read vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K psplash=false

X/xfce/minimenu is started by /etc/init.d/slim-init, remove symlinks from /etc/rcX.d if you want to run it manually (or use update-rc.d to do it for you).
This doesn't work. I tried it.

Code:

This doesn't work. I tried it.
Bump?

Bump. Anyone managed this? I'm finding the "super zaxxon!" splash screen to be quite irritating now and would like to just go back to a plain linux boot if possible?

try repacing 'quiet' with 'psplash=false' in /boot/bootmenu.txt /boot/autoboot.txt

Last edited by a moderator:
try repacing 'quiet' with 'psplash=false' in /boot/bootmenu.txt

You meant autoboot.txt? Bootmenu.txt just lists options for the boot menu :)

Edit: Yes, autoboot.txt is the place to do it. Now how do I remove it on shutdown?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, autoboot. For shutdown, it still shows up on shutdown? It shouldn't, but if it does, you can try something like "sudo update-rc.d -f psplash remove".

Yeah, autoboot. For shutdown, it still shows up on shutdown? It shouldn't, but if it does, you can try something like "sudo update-rc.d -f psplash remove".

Thanks, that's fixed it on shutdown too - much better :)

D.

I wanna quickly stab this info into the unofficial manual on the Wiki, but I'd also like to list the way to revert these changes. Obviously you can just re-edit autoboot.txt to replace "psplash = false" with "quiet". But would running "sudo update-rc.d -f psplash add" properly revert the shutdown splash screen?

I'll hold off adding it until that's verified then. I don't have a pandora yet, so I can't test it myself..

Back