Noob Question - Game Engine

zRichi

Would this game engine work on the Pandora? Could it also work on Caanoo and Wiz?

http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Main_Page.html

This has come up before. It's open source and Linux friendly. It may be as simple as a recompile away, just waiting for someone to do the gruntwork. I'm going away for the weekend, but if no one else does it, I'll have a look Monday or Tuesday.

The answer seems to be no.

»Unfortunately the OHRRPGCE currently only works on x86 architecture. Support for other architectures will have to wait until FreeBasic makes the GCC move«

awww, FreeBasic? Sorry, I missed that part. Good catch, slaeshjag. Saves a lot of trouble. Unfortunately you're right, without an ARM compiler, it makes it a solid "no" :(

Ah, rubbish :(

Do any game engines work on the Pandora? I was looking into Sphere RPG also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines

That's a list of opensource engines.

Sphere has no updated editor on linux, they suggest that linux users should run the windows editor in wine. So I suppose sphere will have to wait at least until somebody sets up a winelib SDK, so that native windows apps can be compiled to a linux app with winelib instead of winapi. This does rely on that a open source implementation of mfc42 is released first.

slaeshjag said:
Sphere has no updated editor on linux, they suggest that linux users should run the windows editor in wine. So I suppose sphere will have to wait at least until somebody sets up a winelib SDK, so that native windows apps can be compiled to a linux app with winelib instead of winapi. This does rely on that a open source implementation of mfc42 is released first.
That's just the editor though. You can run the editor on your desktop and maybe run the player on the Pandora. It's C++, so that's a step in the right direction, relies on wxWidgets, Audiere, and Corona, all of which are open source, however only wxWidgets has a known ARM compile. In order to compile the Sphere player, someone would have to compile Audiere and Corona for the Pandora first, which may be the sticking point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back