Noob Question

saehn posted on Dec 2 2006 at 01:44 PM said:
A major difference between newbie and lazy is that we all start off as newbies at some point.

Google status report: ALL SYSTEMS FUNCTIONING

Last edited by a moderator:
h_A_Z posted on Dec 2 2006 at 04:15 PM said:
What their getting at is it's something you could have found out if you had just searched for a few seconds. I'm a helpful kinda person though so here goes.

MAME emulates Multiple arcade machines - including Neo Geo.
GnGeo only emulates Neo Geo games.

ruckage posted on Dec 2 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
What their getting at is it's something you could have found out if you had just searched for a few seconds. I'm a helpful kinda person though so here goes.

I believe in being helpful as well. I have typed out long instructions for people who have obviously made some respectable amount of effort before requesting assistance.

However, helping people who didn't even bother to use a search engine is kind of like giving handouts to winos. Dramatic analogy, I know, but more or less accurate.

edit: spelling

saehn posted on Dec 2 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
I believe in being helpful as well. I have typed out long instructions for people who have obviouly made some respectable amount of effort before requesting assistance.

However, helping people who didn't even bother to use a search engine is kind of like giving handouts to winos. Dramatic analogy, I know, but more or less accurate.

Please don't think I was getting at you for not answering. I haven't been on the forums long enough yet to get fed up with the same questions being asked repeatedly so it didn't annoy me as much as it you. Give me a few months and I don't think I'll be quite so ready to answer questions that are so easy to find the answers to. :p

The reason why I asked this is because some arcade games run with Neo Geo system. Come on guys you think I didnt do a search?! I did but it just kinda confused me. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Well okay, but now you know the difference...

I am in agreement with everyone else though, a simple search on google would have got you the wikis for them and you could have read through it all. Wikipedia is the god of all knowledge.

I think a better phrasing of the question would have gotten a better response. You should have given more details as to what the confusion is/was. Its all in how you ask usually.

Just to clarify, the Neo Geo was essentially an arcade system (though it could be played at home for some amazing costs). That's why Mame emulates it. However GNGeo is a dedicated emulator for just Neo Geo machines, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it runs them much faster. So if you want to play Neo Geo games you're best bet is with GNGeo. However if you cant be bothered with the extra hastle of setting up that emulator, Mame is pretty good. :)

Back