Normal Nub problem or a broken nub?

freaky-m0

Still Fresh
Hi!

I got my pandora a few days ago. My right nub is far from good. I know there are some problems with the pandora nubs, but i dont know if my problem is a broken nub or "just the normal" problems.

What i see is:

• The right nub is very sensitive. It goes directly to the edges. Ther is no "nice" circle.
  • After a short time i can not move the nub to the left side. It stops on a straight line
  • I never reach the peak of "32" on the input test with the right nub
  • A reset does not work for me
Its not possible to play any shooter with the right nub.
My left nub (for mouse movements) is fine.

I made a video of my nubs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhrHLQuPBE0

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take a look later as my right nub has similar sounding problems. Going to try an check for a dry solder joint when I have the time.

If you have access to a can of compressed air, try blowing out dust from under the nub - apparently that can cause problems if it gets in.

Even with a new device? I need to disassemble my Pandora to get under the nubs right? Will I lose my warranty if I do so?

As I understand the issue, you don't need to unscrew anything - you just need to blow air between the movable part and the base, which you should be able to get at without disassembling anything.

However, I've never needed to do that myself, I'm just repeating what others have said.  I can't see how you'd lose your warranty by blowing some air over a device, but I am not a lawyer either.

I thought that I need to open the case for that. I will try it out, hopefully it will help

Okay it helped, only for about 1 minute ;)

The movement was nice in the input tester after i blowed air in the nub. After a while the problem was back again.
I really think i have some dust inside my nub because when i move it to the left and hold it, with the input test i can see that it "bounces" back. So i move it to the full left and get 22 or something.. and in 1 second it moves back to 20.

Can i ask EvilDragon (dragonbox.de) to clean it or check it for me? Thats were i bought my device a week ago. I don't think i can do this myself.

Send it for a full rma.

Before you do, thoroughly check the rest of the system to see if everything else is good.

Specify that you suspect it might just be dust, but if the problem persists you would like your right nub replaced.

I'm absolutely positive ED would be more than happy to accomodate you.

I believe you can find the rma sheet to fill out on his site - dragonbox, but I could be mistaken.

Good luck!

Before sending it back, here's another thing that might help:

Quickly move the nub around in all directions (circling, left/right/up/down). Do this with some force, push it down a bit and as far as you can.

Do that for about 2 minutes and reboot. It's probably some sticky remainings from soldering the nubs - and if you're lucky, you can scratch it away with that and it's gone forever.

I was hoping that it helps. But it did not. I moved the nub as you said, restarted my pandora and it did not help  :(  

Now i can reach only about 10 (max. 32) in the pandora input tester after a while of testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSgK9lYHKM

Last edited by a moderator:
Back