Not A Real Alternative But Nice.

dyslexic

Still Fresh
Have a look here http://www.slashgear.com/psixpda-umpc-review-1970465/

I think it as a awesome design it looks great.
I am missing good battery life and TV out and of course the game controls are missing but that is not my biggest interest.
Unfortunately it is just like smart phones too expensive for me.

But i like this what they write -> The standard OS is Windows XP Pro (while PsiXpda encourage owners to load up different platforms, and will supply whatever hardware drivers they have available, in a worst-case scenario they’ll always instruct people to restore to the regular XP build).

O if this already came up i did not find it.
I looked for Pandora alternatives but the search option sucks.

I'm sure it will pop up very soon: No gaming controls and it runs WINDOWS! Not all of us here are fans of Windows.... :blink:

My favourite Pandora alternative is Moblic...but we all know that it'll turn into vaporware. :(

Moblic E7 stuffs WiMAX, QWERTY, a gamepad, and all our dreams and wishes into a MID

By Paul Miller writer_rss.gif posted Feb 22nd 2010 8:54PM moblic-e7-gaming-mid-1.jpg "Remember the story about the boy who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?" asks the high-pitched man in a funny suit. Gene Wilder was probably referring to the Moblic E7. This 4-inch WVGA MID sports an unnamed 600MHz processor, 8GB of built-in storage, WiMAX, microSD expansion, but most impressively slides open to reveal a QWERTY keyboard and delicious SNES-style gaming controls. There's not much more info to go on, like OS, production plans, or price, but sign us up for a dozen.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/22/moblic-e7-stuffs-wimax-qwerty-a-gamepad-and-all-our-dreams-an/

Dude...
Get an N900 and you will be VERY impressed..
Piss controls, but, man.... It's a good alternative for the Pandora!
It's holding me over well until the Pandora arrives.

All I use my iPhone for is an alarm clock.
I nearly cancelled my Pandora preorder (even after parts have arrived :eek: ) because the N900 is good enough....

nokia-n900-side.PNG
n900_1.jpg

In the spoiler is a screenshot I took of my N900's overclock. I think it can go even higher!! Just don't want to use a restrictive kernel... My current one is dynamically changeable.
Screenshot-20100421-174235.png

looks cool, but being its a atom its battery life will suck in comparison to the Pandora. Also windows while it does have the upper hand on commercial games, Linux is the much better system.

Linux is a great OS, but I'm not convinced it's the best OS.

It's very restrictive for a new user. I'm a pretty good with OSX and Windows (back in the day I was a Windows Power user and dev [9x/NT/XP days]).

Mint Linux is excellent and setup superb from first click (Community builds).

Back