Not A Real Pandora Alternative But Nice What Do You Think?.

dyslexic

Still Fresh
What do you think of this http://www.slashgear.com/psixpda-umpc-review-1970465/.

I know it is not really a Pandora alternative but it is nice.
Great design and it looks just great
If it only had TV out and a good battery life.I do not care to much about Game controls.
The game controls is easy to fix with a usb port but a Ipad kind of extension would be good.
The other problem is the cost like smart phones too expensive for me.

The interesting thing i read is this ->The standard OS is Windows XP Pro (while PsiXpda encourage owners to load up different platforms, and will supply whatever hardware drivers they have available, in a worst-case scenario they’ll always instruct people to restore to the regular XP build)

PS i could not find a similar topic with the search option the search option does not work well.
I tried to post this earlier but it did not seem to post so this is the second try i hope there will not be a double post.

I think it costs £500, or about $713.

I could buy two Pandoras for that price and still have money left over.

My favourite Pandora alternative is Moblic...but we all know that it'll turn into vaporware. :(

Moblic E7 stuffs WiMAX, QWERTY, a gamepad, and all our dreams and wishes into a MID

moblic-e7-gaming-mid-1.jpg

By Paul Miller writer_rss.gif posted Feb 22nd 2010 8:54PM

"Remember the story about the boy who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?" asks the high-pitched man in a funny suit. Gene Wilder was probably referring to the Moblic E7. This 4-inch WVGA MID sports an unnamed 600MHz processor, 8GB of built-in storage, WiMAX, microSD expansion, but most impressively slides open to reveal a QWERTY keyboard and delicious SNES-style gaming controls. There's not much more info to go on, like OS, production plans, or price, but sign us up for a dozen.

http://www.engadget....-our-dreams-an/

MMm, not bad you know :) (I won't really be happy until I can run Wizardry 8 on a handheld, you see; that needs Win95 support, which Pandora won';t be able to pull off; but I think the sweet spot is coming :) And Civ IV of course :)

I do love me umpc's. Now where is that third job?

jeff

2.5h battery - ha ha ha ha ha. I could probably bung a pair of electrodes into one of my turds and power the Pandora longer than that. I too wish for a nice windows 95 ultra portable game friendly device. The Pandora is easily the closest to this dream we've ever come, but x86 seems to murder battery life so for now I'll be happy to get some dos stuff running, maybe Win 3.11 with Calmira XP (running off a ramdisk in DOSbox 'cause it'll fanny your SDHC card in no time with it's reading and writing jazz). And for a lot of Win95 games there's good ports, PSX, Snes and Mega Drive not to mention Amiga usually had some kind of port to offer.

Back