Not Another G U I Thread

chad78

Website
Visit site
I'm not asking about what the official[TM]©® operating system and/or GUI will be. I'm asking about potential "3rd party" OSes that will / should run on it.

Like, one's I'm looking forward to trying.
  • Ubuntu ARM port
  • Maemo
  • Windows Mobile
  • Android?
Any other flavors of Linux you're going to try? Any non-Linux OSes you are going to try? Any you think might work?

chad78 said:
  • Ubuntu ARM port
  • Maemo
  • Windows Mobile
  • Android?
I have a number of Windows Mobile apps I like and would be fascinated to see if/how well they could work on Pandora.
My linux distribution of choice would be debian based any way, but as you said on the other thread, I think there is a lot to getting an Ubuntu flavour on there as people would take notice.
I would only install/try any other OS/Distros (eg Maemo) if they could run something I wanted that wasn't possible with the default OS or in one of the above.

But there again, when you have a Pandora in your hands and somebody posts 'I've just got <some> OS working', will I be able to resist trying it? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows mobile is unlikely unless
1.) Craigx dishes out the fees to get an image compiled for the 3530
2.) Some other company gets an image compiled for the 3530 for a device they build and then it can be hacked over to the Pandora.

Back