Not getting reply for refund

Even if you've won in small claims the person can still delay for months, by which time the person is in full breach and you need to get the police involved, which could take another few months.

If what you want is your money back now, then you may have to.

I can't say legal action will do the project as a whole any good, though.

I asked for a refund originally in August. Wanting it now is a bit of an understatement, lol.

All I have gotten since then are questions on how I want my refund, and how it will be here in the next 2-4 weeks. I keep being led on without being told anything at all. I do not want to have to take any legal action, I like the team, I like the project, I would still like to have a Pandora but I can't justify it any more. I needed the money for university (no, I don't really drink).

I was even going to come back for the Pandora 2 because hopefully by then I'd be able to afford it, but the way I've been led on, not replied to for weeks on end, and just generally misinformed has put me off.

What can he say apart he must have to wait for iCP2 profits ?

He could say how much pre-orders he has, how much upgrades and how and when he expects to solve the problem. Clear communication, and if he has to answer the same question more than once so be it. It is his mess not the customers.

I pre-ordered mine from ED, always trusted him more than Craig.

I wish I had ordered from ED now, he seems much more professional (he even replies to my emails! :) Even though I have nothing to do with him). However, I was sort of a 'last-minute order', filling one of Craig's few reserved units back in October '09. I'd been following the project since it started.

All such a shame really.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want (I have the same problem) we can join forces with all other "customers" from Craig that have been treaten worse than poorly?

If we all join together we would have a better chance in solving this "quickly".

Is there a solution?

It looks like Craig has no money, and is frantically trying to avoid admitting it.

No amount of fussing will solve this problem

Just some communication would be nice then. People generally understand these things, we just want to be kept in the loop.

Almost 2 months since they said the cheque was on the way LOL

Maybe one day Craig will learn how to communicate.

Craig proving once again that communication is not part of his skill set and cannot take advice - I and many others have pointed this flaw out countless times and still it continues - when he does communicate it is generally inappropriate the attack on ED recently for example when he should have been grovelling big time.

I want to see a Pandora 2 so I pray that it happens despite of all this.

ICP2 has to be a success but I understand that is also delayed at the moment.

He's too busy playing with his new replicator 2 3d printer (see Twitter)

And yes I am stirring it as my blood is boiling at the fact he is spending money on that when he owes Ed money.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Probably used iCP2 money for that.. maybe they still need to prototype stuff for iCP2's development although I figured the mechanical design would be finalized already..

Probably used iCP2 money for that.. maybe they still need to prototype stuff for iCP2's development although I figured the mechanical design would be finalized already..
Not sure, but wouldn't a complex case with keyboard holes be too complicated for such a 3D printer?

Given the high quality stuff he's made so far it could very well handle it. But didn't they already design all that?

Yes but I think they try to modify the design a bit to fit backlight keys in it. At least a lot of people who preordered wanted this feature and he said, that he maybe need to change the case a bit.

Backlit keys was supposed to just be a PCB mod. If it's turning into this huge expense and is causing big delays they should have punted on it, to be added to a later version.

Every kickstarter has delays.. delays are apparently a real problem for everybody ;)

That said, Craig has said the mass production starts next week.. so that means everything is going pretty damn awesomely by the OpenPandora standard.

He also said Pandora would start mass production December 1 2009 (http://pandorapress.net/misc/pandorapress/pandorapress/pandorapress.net/2009/11/24/official-blog-nearly-there/index.html#more-2424), but the first units didn't reach customers until May, so hopefully it does much better in that regard too.

Yeah, the KS delays issue is certainly a real thing. In the commercial world most projects are delayed as well, but they just fail to meet internal deadlines and budgets. Companies don't tend to announce products until they're pretty mature so you don't see as much of it; of course delays still happen but a large number of products actually meet release dates. Since KS exposes all the internal project planning stuff up front you'll see more real delays. Hopefully people aren't too bothered by this.

But what difference does it make? It doesn't matter if the delays so far are justifiable or not.. I'm talking about trying to avoid additional delays because if Craig cares about personally funding Pandora at all he'll want to get iCP2 rolling ASAP.

Not sure, but wouldn't a complex case with keyboard holes be too complicated for such a 3D printer?

PRINTING

Print Technology:

Fused Filament Fabrication

Build Volume:

11.2 L x 6.0 W x 6.1 H in [28.5 x 15.3 x 15.5 cm]

Layer Resolution Settings:

High

100 microns [0.0039 in]

Medium

270 microns [0.0106 in]

Low

340 microns [0.0133 in]

Positioning Precision:

XY: 11 microns [0.0004 in];
Z: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in]

Filament Diameter:

1.75 mm [0.069 in]

Nozzle Diameter:

0.4 mm [0.015 in]

Yes, it should be able to prototype case plastics fairly well.

And that's all nice and everything, but it still doesn't address the topic of this thread. I asked for a refund due to financial restraints I find myself in, and I've yet to even get a response to anything at all. Nothing. Not even a response to let me know that they have even acknowledged my existence.

And that's all nice and everything, but it still doesn't address the topic of this thread. I asked for a refund due to financial restraints I find myself in, and I've yet to even get a response to anything at all. Nothing. Not even a response to let me know that they have even acknowledged my existence.
Yeah, quite disgusting isn't it?   :)

You probably have noticed that others have also not received individual responses. From what has been made public, it appears that Craig's company currently does not have money for refunds. It is unclear whether Jacquelyn is still employed to answer emails.

There are three queues of people awaiting service from Craig's shop: 1ghz preorders, classic preorders and refunds. At the moment Ed and Craig have a working agreement to clear Craig's 1ghz preorder queue using profits from the german shop.

I do not know what comes after that, shipping classic preorders or processing refunds. It would probably make more sense to do refunds first, since each waiting classic preorder might at some point decide to do an upgrade. EDIT: or they might decide to cancel and ask for a refund. :/

Hope this helped.

You probably have noticed that others have also not received individual responses. From what has been made public, it appears that Craig's company currently does not have money for refunds. It is unclear whether Jacquelyn is still employed to answer emails.

There are three queues of people awaiting service from Craig's shop: 1ghz preorders, classic preorders and refunds. At the moment Ed and Craig have a working agreement to clear Craig's 1ghz preorder queue using profits from the german shop.

I do not know what comes after that, shipping classic preorders or processing refunds. It would probably make more sense to do refunds first, since each waiting classic preorder might at some point decide to do an upgrade. EDIT: or they might decide to cancel and ask for a refund. :/

Hope this helped.
The only place I've heard of them having no money for refunds is here on these forums, from the members. I've heard NOTHING about this from Open Pandora OR Craig. The only thing they've told me is that my money is on the way! (that was over 2 months ago). 

Fine, whatever. They're bad with money. Can they just tell me that so I'm not sat here twiddling my thumbs wondering where my money has gone? Probably on Craig's fucking Christmas turkey, that's where. 

Back