Release Not Pacman

So basicaly, I need 2 rules: Higher score, but for same score, lower time. I think it need some c4a upgrade.

About other games, I'm still stuc with löve 0.8.0, where it just hang at boot.lua on... something, I don't know yet...
Right, haven't played the game in a while, so I forgot about that.

The thing with nottetris2 is that it runs on 0.7.x (on the desktop), but crashes on the pandora. I think notpacman as well as nottetris2 have problems with 0.8 or don't run at all, but it's needed for mari0.

So basicaly, I need 2 rules: Higher score, but for same score, lower time. I think it need some c4a upgrade.

About other games, I'm still stuc with löve 0.8.0, where it just hang at boot.lua on... something, I don't know yet...
Right, haven't played the game in a while, so I forgot about that.

The thing with nottetris2 is that it runs on 0.7.x (on the desktop), but crashes on the pandora. I think notpacman as well as nottetris2 have problems with 0.8 or don't run at all, but it's needed for mari0.
Hum, not sure why nottetris2 crashes and I haven't debugged much.

New version now with C4A Support.

What count here is the time you take. Eat everything as fast as you can. You get a bonus when you eat a ghost, and a malus when you left a pellet (no bonus/malus for loosing a life, just the time "naturaly lost).

Build 02
-----------

• C4A Support! Eat everything as fast as you can.

New build on the repo. I fixed C4A support, as it was working before only if time was xxx.0.. So I rounded time now and only seconds are used.

Build 03
-----------

• Fixed C4A Support (when time is not a rounded second)

thanks for your effort, it may not seem like much, but each small bug squashed is good...

Updated the C4A support to use the --cache parameter, so result are saved if offline (and uploaded at next upload of any score using Fusilli client)

Build 04
-----------

• Using Fusilli client from Ziz, with cached upload

Yes, the smaller, the better. You have to clear the board as fast as possible, without loosing life and eating as much ghost as possible (you get a bonus time).

The Asmo score of 12 is impressive by the way. That means ihe probably cleared everything in less then 35 sec eating 5 or 6 ghosts at least.

I just bettered it ;)

My score was -7.6 (yes, minus, unless it can't do zeros) but c4a rounded it off to -8, I won't argue with that!

In the 'recent activity table' it says the score was 0 though. Hope it still counts!

More than 4 ghosts with each pill, and I play with left hand on the D-Pad, right hand on the Pandora's Shift/Caps Lock button. I find it much faster executing 90 degree turns that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bettered it ;)

My score was -7.6 (yes, minus, unless it can't do zeros) but c4a rounded it off to -8, I won't argue with that!

In the 'recent activity table' it says the score was 0 though. Hope it still counts!

More than 4 ghosts with each pill, and I play with left hand on the D-Pad, right hand on the Pandora's Shift/Caps Lock button. I find it much faster executing 90 degree turns that way.
Impressive score! When I was "guessing" the score rules, I was thinking, that it was fine and not way one can go negative... I was quite wrong it seems!

Yeah, eating ghosts give crazy bonus time since you can, by playing right, manage to munch up to 9 ghosts in a single bonus pellet (by staying near their spawn point and take 2-3 each respawn).

At most I've managed 7, which gave me very good bonus times.

Also, turns out that both Asmo and I got -7.6 rounded to -8, and thus, the current tie seems to apply even if 1/10th of a second was counted. :p

Ah I see.

I wanted to give a big bonus for eating ghost, to make the player take risk and loose a bit a time to get the reward. Seems that I've been a bit too generous on the reward ;) .

Hmm.. maybe a bug to note:

I just played a few games, and my best score among them was .4 (positive, not minus!) - I wondered if C4a would round this up to 1 or struggle with a 0, but it did neither - it didn't register that score at all! Must have rounded it to 0 and disregarded it?

EDIT: I just played another game so I could see the score table on my machine again, and the score in question is there locally alright, though actually .6 (not.4) so it's even more curious, I'd have thought it'd round that up to 1.

0 will probably be discarded by c4a server yes. But .6 should be rounded to 1 (I have to check the exact formula, but it's a basic floor(score+.5) iirc)

Back