Not Tetris 2

Has the LOVE engine (which this runs on) been ported, or can it be?

EDIT: Also seems to use OpenAL. That might slow things down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone did get a compilation of Love to work on the Pandora, but not with external games (which kind of makes it pointless)! But nonetheless it should suggest a port of an actual game is possible.

The love2d engine requires opengl. There doesn't seem to be a version for opengles.

I came across nlove, a port for dingoo that takes out the opengl support. I compiled it on the off-chance but - unsurprisingly, it doesn't work with not tetris 2.

I built nlöve and tried it. Unfortunately nlöve (the sdlport) doesn't support scalers etc, that his game needs to run (no opengl). Also I couldn't get any of the examples, that should work with nlöve to run. They run and close without doing anything. Not even an errormessage...

If somebody else wants to try, go ahead!

Well, if it wouldn't use openal, maybe it would be slow with sound as well...

I built nlöve and tried it. Unfortunately nlöve (the sdlport) doesn't support scalers etc, that his game needs to run (no opengl). Also I couldn't get any of the examples, that should work with nlöve to run. They run and close without doing anything. Not even an errormessage...

I built nlove too - I got the same result when I tried the examples. However, looking at the sources of the games, I saw they had a function like:

Code:
function love.joystickreleased( joystick, button )

"quit program"

end

so the reason the games quit immediately on the Pandora is that - unlike the Dingoo presumably - our joysticks are initially in a 'released' state. Anyways, commenting out this function makes the included games work (albeit without an elegant way of quitting them).

WTF is this?!? :blink: Tetris with Physics? :lol:

How does this work and how can this work at all? I don#t see any concept that makes the lines disappear. is this actualy playable at all? Funny Idea though.

I built nlove too - I got the same result when I tried the examples. However, looking at the sources of the games, I saw they had a function like:

Code:
function love.joystickreleased( joystick, button )

"quit program"

end

so the reason the games quit immediately on the Pandora is that - unlike the Dingoo presumably - our joysticks are initially in a 'released' state. Anyways, commenting out this function makes the included games work (albeit without an elegant way of quitting them).

Great! Also the first joystick in the Pandora is no joystick at all.

Joy0 is the one every game detects and it is there all the time, no matter in what state the nubs are. If you set left nub to joystick, this will be Joy1 and second will be Joy2 etc. This is the reason, why no game detects joystick automatically, but you have to tell the game which one to use.

Really strange. I hope we can get more info about this first joystick, that is not there thing.

Tried Nottetris2 already?

WTF is this?!? :blink: Tetris with Physics? :lol:

How does this work and how can this work at all? I don#t see any concept that makes the lines disappear. is this actualy playable at all? Funny Idea though.

hell.png

http://www.geekosystem.com/xkcd-tetris-hell-game/

Tried Nottetris2 already?

Yeah - it didn't work. Lots of calls to SetFilter() which cause it to error. I didn't go any further with it though - I don't what would happen if all those calls were edited out, for instance.

I edited them all out and had more errors. So I gave up then. ;)

Great! Also the first joystick in the Pandora is no joystick at all.

Joy0 is the one every game detects and it is there all the time, no matter in what state the nubs are. If you set left nub to joystick, this will be Joy1 and second will be Joy2 etc. This is the reason, why no game detects joystick automatically, but you have to tell the game which one to use.

Really strange. I hope we can get more info about this first joystick, that is not there thing.
Indeed. You can just override it though. I.e. remove js0 and create a new joystick character device pointing to joy1. My nub configurator can do this by flagging a nub (in joystick mode) as default.

Back