Nub and PND-Question

kyxh2o

Still Fresh
Hi,

i am a new pandora user and, what should i say, i love this device.

I use it with the Pandora-OS, together with the PanDebian, i have all tools i need for my work as a admin. 

i have only a few questions.

-My nubs aren' t working anymore under Pandora-OS as Mouse and also not working in games. They works fine under the Pandora-Input-Tester and also under other OS like Slack or Android, so it look like a driver-problem, i think. this problem occurred since i used a external-usb-mouse the first time.

-is it possible, to use the programs in a pnd (as an example "mc") via terminal in a ssh-session? And in the next step, how can i use PND-Programs via X-Forwarding?

At last many many thanks to all of you who are involved in the great pandora-project. There are so many points in the device- and software-design, where i can see, how much work, love and time you put into this. btw. your device its the only one in this size, where you can use the key-combination "CTR+ALT+DEL" directly with three fingers, a great feature for admins like me ;)

So, once again, many thanks for your fine work. Keep going!

Oliver

No this happens a bit, what most likely happened is that an application that changes the NUBs into joystick mode on startup was closed out or crashed before it could run the closing script that sets the NUBs back to mouse mode.. 

It's easy to fix, if you're using the XFCE desktop.. bring up the menu and go to settings->pandora nub configurator , then set the left nub to mouse movement, right nub to mouse button and this will set it back to default. 

In mini-menu it should just be an icon in settings panel. 

-is it possible, to use the programs in a pnd (as an example "mc") via terminal in a ssh-session? And in the next step, how can i use PND-Programs via X-Forwarding?
Some one was playing around with running PNDs via X-forwarding not too long ago.. but can't find the thread.  Found the thread.. may be helpful.  http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11870-using-pandora-from-windows-with-ssh-and-x11-forwarding/?hl=x-forwarding

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget to say this:  i also tried the nub-configuration, but the program is not starting, dmesg shows me a dump, starting with the repeating error:

[39734.376953] UBI warning: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 86002 bytes from PEB 1868:43544, read only 86002 bytes, retry

I get the same error, if i try to start the "pnd-store", also not starting and UBIFS-Errors with dump in dmesg. The PND-Manager, installed on SD, works fine

Aaargh, hopefully not a problem with the NAND...

Glad X-Forwarding works, but that is a bizarre issue with the nubs, using a USB mouse shouldn't have corrupted anything.. as I use one all the time with my Pandora(s). Maybe it's just some corruption that could be fixed by reflashing the firmware.. 

You could try to setup a system on sdcard to test if the nubproblem has something to do with your firmware or simply reflash as said before.

Reflash was the solution, nubs are working, all issues solved, thanks a lot for the fast support!

Back