Please Fix The Right Anolog Nub Functions

Am I the only one who liked the buttons as mouse? I thought it was very intuitive and sensitive, like it should :)

maybe I am just more used to make fine movements with my thumbs as I pipet a lot in work

pipet_plus_operation.gif

Bosbeetle said:
Am I the only one who liked the buttons as mouse? I thought it was very intuitive and sensitive, like it should :)

actually, I'ld also prefer the mouse buttons to be mapped onto the digital buttons on the right. The right nub would be nice to be used as an analog scroll function in browsers and windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
I love the instant doubleclick :D

Yes, that's nice, but it happens quite often that I do a double click instead of a regular klick just because I moved the nub a bit too much up while dragging it to the left. That wouldn't happen if the digital buttons were used instead of the right nub; and you can still have the double-click on 'Y' ;)

zapman said:
Bosbeetle said:
I love the instant doubleclick :D

Yes, that's nice, but it happens quite often that I do a double click instead of a regular klick just because I moved the nub a bit too much up while dragging it to the left. That wouldn't happen if the digital buttons were used instead of the right nub; and you can still have the double-click on 'Y' ;)

Then change the sensitivity in the settings. You can change the senitivity for the mouse button mode so you need to move them almost all the way to make the click.
This prevents accidental clicking.

Last edited:
Just to confirm after testing both nubs in mouse mode,right nub is working fine,full circle after tweeking the mouse mode settings for higher sensitivity,left nub not working in mouse mode with same settings,both tested before and after recalibration.

The left nub seems to recalibrate and then go wonky,doesn't do a full circle so i think as well as the left nub being gritty it also seems that it doesn't register movement properly,it looks like there is an electrical (internal nub malfunction) fault with it calibrating.

Can someone from OPT tell me what i should do with this issue ,without telling me to recalibrate the nubs as this has no desired effect.

Bump -i am still waiting for a reply to this asi want to send my pandora back to be replaced ,i sent the girls an email but never received anything ,this was after craig came here and said the nub must not be faulty if n64 is working ,i am still 100% positive my left nub is fucked and i want a replacment or fix.

i will call the girls on monday.

I'd still like to see a tutorial on mapping the mouse buttons to the L and R case buttons.
If anyone knows a link to a thread already posted, or wishes to post some help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
j.

Bosbeetle said:

You know, when I read about it originally I was all like "urggghhhh, no, it should be the shoulder buttons for sure". But I'm pretty sure using the shoulder buttons would have given me cramp by now. It was very easy to adjust to the right nub and I think it's the ideal solution.

you must be joking man ,the nubs are rubbish ,and the shoulder buttons are not what i thought ,you are right about cramp trying to press buttons that nearly don't do anything ,the game buttons would be perfect for mouse buttons but still no go.

EvilDragon said:
zapman said:

Then change the sensitivity in the settings. You can change the senitivity for the mouse button mode so you need to move them almost all the way to make the click.
This prevents accidental clicking.
Your are saying making the analog joystick work as a digital device? Why wouldn't you use one of the figital buttons in the first place? I have no Pandora yet and can't say if I like the "click setup". The idea using the 2nd nub for "analog panning" in PDFs or Browsers sounds cool. I think I will find a nice set up of my own. :)

@ED: Schland oh Schland :)

A nice use I can imagine for the right nub is using it for panning after increasing the resolution. Why not increase the resolution to 1024x600 and pan with one of the nubs? Is this possible in Linux?

paddy said:
you must be joking man ,the nubs are rubbish
But just because your unit seems to have nub problems, it doesn't mean that the rest of them do. ;)

Prometheus said:
paddy said:
you must be joking man ,the nubs are rubbish
But just because your unit seems to have nub problems, it doesn't mean that the rest of them do. ;)

But it seems that way :( i have not known of a pandora that has two perfect nubs yet ,they are always slightly different in feel and quality but this will get better ,i know this and this is why i am complaining about it as much as possible as it means OPT will give hell to the nub company :) heck mabe in the future the pandora will have different hardware nubs ,i would just like to see it all get better and i believe that if we don't complain and point out the flaws now and go over and over them they will be forgotten ,so just saying yes it's ok ,not perfect is not really good enough.

Ohh and this was my thread about the said nub issue and button mapping ,stop hi-jacking it !! :angry: :rolleyes: :eek: :lol:

It might give you some hope to know that the nubs on my replacement are pretty much the same in feel - units with "even" nubs are out there. :)

Prometheus said:
It might give you some hope to know that the nubs on my replacement are pretty much the same in feel - units with "even" nubs are out there. :)

So there is some light out there in the darkness - the shining force tune comes to mind <_<

Back