Nub Issue?

Kur53

Still Fresh
Hi all,
This is really weird, and i really need help.
I opened up mupen64plus and all of the sudden my nubs just stopped working. wouldnt do a thing. the touchscreen still works, but the nubs dont do anything. i tried a restart but the problem persists. help? Please?
TIA.

Kur53 said:
Hi all,
This is really weird, and i really need help.
I opened up mupen64plus and all of the sudden my nubs just stopped working. wouldnt do a thing. the touchscreen still works, but the nubs dont do anything. i tried a restart but the problem persists. help? Please?
TIA.

Figured it out. disregard this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
what was the issue? I've had the same happen when I tried Mupen, but never figured it out... I just rebooted and moved on with my life (happened once, a couple of days ago)...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
what was the issue? I've had the same happen when I tried Mupen, but never figured it out... I just rebooted and moved on with my life (happened once, a couple of days ago)...

It might help just to reset your nubs back to default, that normally works for me.

I'm guessing "resetting the nubs" would be a function of the nub option in the start menu... having lost mouse movement in my nubs, I'm usually too impatient to navigate around any other way (but I can test the theory and see what happens...)

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
I'm guessing "resetting the nubs" would be a function of the nub option in the start menu...

Correct.

To people that does not know how to reset the nubs.

Go to: Start Menu -> Settings -> Nubs. Then choose "Restore default settings for both nubs" and click ok.
:)

The "issue" is that when mupen starts, it puts the nubs into "absolute" mode so they can be used as joysticks in game. It is then supposed to restore the original value when it quits, but if it crashes for any reason it'll remain stuck in joystick mode. In such a case you need to manually reset back to default, as you've discovered.

Back