Right nub doesn't center.

danabnormal9000

Still Fresh
Hi everyone. I'm from Indonesia. I just got my Pandora today. I'm so excited. But when I tried the nubs from the first time, I noticed that the right nubs doesn't center. It always move to any direction. Do I have a defect right nub. How can I fix it?

Hello, It seems like this is a common thing. The wiki says to work out the nubs. They need to be moved around in either an up down left right motion, or a circular motion. I too had the same problem, and they still aren't really perfect but they still get the job done. One of the creators of the Pandora mentions this in one of his videos, saying "The nubs are great, when they work" so with the newest model that he is making, the Pyra, he is going to implement better nubs :D . The D pad is excellent on the Pandora tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice. I tried the nub dance but the problem still exist. I'll try to work out the nub more. Nub configurator didn't help either. When I use the nub as mouse movement, it always move to the last direction I press. For instance, if I press the nub to the left, the cursor keep moving to the left even after I release the nub. The nub is still usable when I use it as mouse buttons, but it's still annoying because I have to manually center the nub after doing mouse click to prevent dragging instead of clicking.

One thing I don't understand, the right nub doesn't work when I turn on the pandora. I have to select 'Reset nubs' in the nub configuration to make it works. If I restart the pandora or run some apps/emulator, the right nub can't be used again, so I have to select 'Reset nubs' again to make it working. It's so annoying. Is there a shortcut for doing 'Reset nubs'?

The d-pad is super excellent!!! It feels great when using it for playing fighting games.

Hmm, that sounds a bit iffy. Does the right nub feel stiff, or is it just kind of floppy?

The nub dance is more about resetting the center calibration, which can drift. It'd also help if the nubs are stiff as it'll wear down whatever's causing them to stick, but if they're just floppy it'll do nothing.

The fact you need to reset the settings after every boot makes me suspect there's something wrong outside of the nub itself. Just to confirm, the physical nub itself doesn't spring back to the middle when you move it?

It's floppy. It does spring back to the middle just a little. It almost doesn't spring back at all.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk

Hmm, it does sound rather like your Nub (and possibly support circuitry) is duff.

That said, at least it's not your left nub. It's useful in FPSes where it's the look controller, and in a handful of games and standalone apps where it's the only way to simulate mouse buttons, but otherwise I don't use mine much. Most of the time in the desktop I use the keyboard to navigate, and you can always use the touchscreen (though I forget how you right-click on the touchscreen at present), and I don't play many FPSes.

It also may get better with use. I know mine had a certain region where it would catch for a while, but once whatever friction was causing that wore down the nubs worked just fine.

I still don't understand why a new expensive mini computer has a basic problem like this. Even when the pandora is off, it feel weird when moving the right nub because it almost doesn't spring back. It seems nobody doing the testing before shipping it to the customer. But i agree with Levi. At least it's not the left nub. Can I map left click and right click into some keys?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk

still don't understand why a new expensive mini computer has a basic problem like this.
I have three Pandora's the First Batch(CC), Rebirth and 1Ghz and never had any problems like yours... so it seems isolated, If you RMA it EvilDragon would most likely replace it for free since it's obviously a defect.

Can I map left click and right click into some keys?
Install this PND, it will map mouse clicks to the A/B game buttons.. not the best solution if you need those for games, maybe someone can chime in with some other options.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=ABMouse

The fact you need to reset the settings after every boot makes me suspect there's something wrong outside of the nub itself.

I have to do this as well, but I thought it was due to me using nonstandard settings.

nstall this PND, it will map mouse clicks to the A/B game buttons.. not the best solution if you need those for games, maybe someone can chime in with some other options. http://repo.openpand...ail&app=ABMouse
Thank you. Now I can do clicking and right clicking without using touchscreen (but sacrifice A and B buttons).

BTW, the right nub never detected on Pandora Input-Tester.

FWIW, last time I heard the Pandora input tester is run on all units prior to shipping, so I'd be tempted to blame whoever couriered the device to you. Still shouldn't happen though, of course.

Back