Odroid-Go Advance

bluedeer

I actually have two of these and I think they're potentially amazing devices. Right now, the big problem is a mature OS.

I also have an RG350 I've been comparing notes on, and each have their pros and cons, but the OGA is probably my favorite handheld at this point.

Right now the known available OS's for the OGA are two different variants of the same Ubuntu 18.04 base image, one with Retroarch and one without, Batocera (With its own quirks), Debian Buster, EmuElec and rumor has it Lakka is working on a port.

zoranc

I'd say the controls (mostly concerned with d-pad) of this are rather good actually. Much better than pocketgo in my experience. Fast processor, big battery and hopefully long time support from hardkernel makes it a really nice IMO.

Downsides are relative big size, very much open case hence dust lives in it, and the plastic casing isn't the best one.

All in all my favored emulation handheld ATM. Would love to know if there is a better one available?

bluedeer

I'd say the controls (mostly concerned with d-pad) of this are rather good actually. Much better than pocketgo in my experience. Fast processor, big battery and hopefully long time support from hardkernel makes it a really nice IMO.

Downsides are relative big size, very much open case hence dust lives in it, and the plastic casing isn't the best one.

All in all my favored emulation handheld ATM. Would love to know if there is a better one available?
There's a few other units that share similar structure to this one but nowhere near the price point. Dust doesn't really seem to be a problem at this point and if it does, could just blow it out with a little vacuum. The LCD sits so snugly against the front frame I'd be surprised if you got dust between it and the screen protector.

This is definitely my favorite handheld. It's light, it's powerful. My only gripes are a lack of two shoulder buttons, and the function buttons tend to get kinda mushy and don't always pop back up timely after I press them. Too much travel in them, I think. It's like there was supposed to be plastic keycaps over them.

But for what it runs, it runs very well. I have a Retrostone 1 and I've been comparing notes and for all the pros and cons of each, I definitely love my OGA more.