OEM stylus stuck in slot.

BlueJelly

Hello folks. I seem utterly unable to get the stylus out of my new Pandora's stylus slot. Accordng to a friend who also attempted to extract it, there seems to be something obstructing it within the slot. I'd like advice on extracting it safely with minimal damage to my Pandy.

Thanks

It's a bit stiff to start with and may take a bit of force.

Worst case: Open the bottom and check the plastic thingy that goes over the SD card slots and secures the stylus is not out of place :)

I dont see any possibility where it is blocked by something. 

Its a pen, its round, aside from the furrow that is supposed for exactly this there is nothing that can hold it back. 

At the beginning it really stuck  very hard in it. So i would ask "have you tried to just pull?" 

I had the same issue when my Pandora was new.

Just pull it out with brutal force and put it back in. Do that 10 times and the problem should be gone.

This page on the wiki has a few suggestions on bullet 4, such as using a coin or string, and what Wally said.  Mine was quite tight even though it was refurbished and I had to resort to forcing it out, like N3Cr0 mentioned, and inserted and removed it many times.  When I started using a makeshift metal and dart tip stylus I also had some problems inserting and removing it, so I forced that as well, and now that can also be inserted and removed easily. 

Thanks for the advice folks. Unfortunately I am rather paranoid about damaging my Pandora should I open the case up in order to inspect the stylus area. I'll just leave it as is.

Back