Official Contest

official gp2x site is down, could this be a sign of major updates possibly including the contest results
????????

15 games, all junk?

You'll most likely be amazed of what was submitted ;)

Still don't believe me? Wait for the results.
Like I said before, one of those is nickspoon's World Simulator so you may as well knock the number down to 14 (assuming he wasn't disqualified :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have Word Simulator on my SD, I'm thinking of giving it a permanent home on my NAND.

- Alex

My money is it is released on the 6th or the 7th, they released the announcement that the entry's had been taken on october 6th, it was supposed to be released on the 31st of september. So basicallly theyll announce on eith the 6th or the 7th of november.

Has anyone else seen this?

Announcement of the Winners of GP2X Game Software Contes

Gamepark Holdings would like to thank all the Contest participants for their effort in developing new and exciting games for the GP2X.
We have had many great entries submitted during the 3-month long Contest period. We took time to consider at each entry carefully and we have finally decided on the winners!

We apologize for the delay in the announcement of winners; our judges were carefully evaluating each entry and this took longer than expected in the beginning.

In the Commercial Games section the 2nd prize winner was not chosen by the judges; therefore we increased the 3rd prize winners’ prize purse.

In the Open Source section of the contest, there wasn’t a winner chosen by the judges and not many games were submitted. Therefore we are giving away 1 GP2X basic set to each participating team in the Open Source section. Of those contestants who did not open their source, we will ask them individually if they are willing to open the source codes and notify them accordingly.

The Commercial Games section winners are as follows:
Commercial Games Winners
(Game Title / ID / Game Genre)
-------------------------------------------------
1st Place - Cash Prize of US $5,000 & GP2X Full Set
A student boarder / Keomho / Visual Novel Game
2nd Place - Not chosen
3rd Place - Cash Prize of US $1,500 & GP2X Full Set each
3rd: FourFs / Trevor / Action and Strategy
3rd: Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles / Yuan / Puzzle
------------------------------------------------- 4th Place - GP2X Full Set each
4th: Salvaria / Brian / RPG
4th: Arecibo / Dr_Ian / Action
4th: Crocodingus in Crocoland / Int13 / Action

how can u have a 1st and a 3rd place, but no 2nd..............

Back