Should I Be Excited About November 1st?

J201605

Website
google.com
According to GPH they will announce official contest winners on november 1st, I realize that the homebrew community is more interested in the community contest but will there be any crazy asian commercial games coming out that I haven't heard of. It seems that some developers must have done something because 5000 dollars is up for grabs, and now that I think about it i should probly be excited either way because one way good games come out and the other I get to see someone get 5000 dollars for some crappy space SHMUP. Basically my question is, does anybody know if any good games have been entered in this contest?

Jackd posted on Oct 23 2006 at 09:57 PM said:
Basically my question is, does anybody know if any good games have been entered in this contest?

Subjective/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we don't know what has been entered (unless we entered something ourselves, beta-tested something, or are a judge), I'm not sure how we're supposed to answer that.

Looking @ youtube.com I see at least a couple of interesting titles, so I think the date you specified will be an early christmast for us with an gp2x, yes. Soooo exited about Epicenters shmup!

I don't think think there will be many entries due to the confusing rules GPH had. If anyone has any sense they would enter the gp2x community compo instead.

It's sad really. I mean for all we know the rules could have been very lenient, but somehow GPH wanted to be the ones selling the winning game on the GP2x and didn't want the GP2x logo to be on a game they wern't selling and from somewhere like that the communication got utterly Fubarred.
It may have been better if they'd gone with a "makers retain full rights but please be open to offers we make" policy. It may have made it possible for the winning game to end up being sold by another company that didn't have to just fork over a lot of prize money, leaving GPH feeling a little betrayed given their payout. But it definitly would have increased enthusiasm and cleared confusion, probably leading to more and better quality entrants which would have benefited the console as a whole. It would have also increased trust and faith between GPH and the community.

murak posted on Oct 24 2006 at 10:17 AM said:
Looking @ youtube.com I see at least a couple of interesting titles, so I think the date you specified will be an early christmast for us with an gp2x, yes. Soooo exited about Epicenters shmup!

Theres a video of stargazer?

murak posted on Oct 24 2006 at 11:17 AM said:
I thought Epicenter said a GP2x version wasn't being done anymore?

Probably some people have entered, especially if they care about the money more than the IP rights.
(And considering that hardly anyone will enter, they'e got a good chance to win.)

murak posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:17 AM said:
And, after this early christmas, you will get a second early christmas with the community contest :)

The contest we speak of is the official contest with a huge prize and crappy rules that scare developers. The other one is the community contest which has rules designed by the community. The official contest has ended, and the winners will be announced november 1st. The community contest ends december 11th. Official is geared towards commercial games. Community is geared towards homebrew.

O, lol, I dont even know what it is. I just know that epicenter uses it to make himself sound important. Could sum1 giv me a link to details or screens.

hmmm, id be interested to at least know what kind of game it is. So only 23.043478260869565217391304347826 more days till you get a gp2x draken?

Back