Official Firmware V1.2.1 Released

I take some of my words back. Apparently I had some corruption on my card...

originalz said:
The update seems to have messed up my touchscreen something fierce. It was kind of busted before but workable, after the update it's almost useless. It only registers at the top-middle of the screen, regardless of where I touch it. Tried to recalibrate but that did nothing.

Both Wind and Water and the Propis demo seem to work fine, although Propis is unplayable with my touchscreen issues.

Well nevermind. I missed the part about you trying to recal. :/ could someone delete this post?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to see better xvid support. Anything I encode using AutoGK still comes out looking like a bad acid trip.

Mr.TwisT said:
I take some of my words back. Apparently I had some corruption on my card...

Does this mean that you got Win2x to install? because this is a deal breaker for me... if I can't install Win2x I am not downloading the new firmware.

can someone list what emulators work here on the new firmware
gameboy advance
snes
nes
scumm
amiga
mame
final burn alpha
neo geo

what benefit is there to upgrade
specifics please is it faster? screen tear same? just blab about the new firmware if you can and thoughts.

im very hesitant to upgrade when most all emulators where designed for a pre 1.2.0 firmware.
i have heard that even refresh rates changing can effect how emulators work

thanks for your help.

One more thing, the new amiga emulator is great that just came out. But i noticed the mouse is not accurate at all
its like an inch away from my pen. Is there a workaround? I tried recalibrating, and trying the old version. Same results.

originalz said:
The update seems to have messed up my touchscreen something fierce.  It was kind of busted before but workable, after the update it's almost useless.  It only registers at the top-middle of the screen, regardless of where I touch it.  Tried to recalibrate but that did nothing.

Both Wind and Water and the Propis demo seem to work fine, although Propis is unplayable with my touchscreen issues.
Same here :(

I am terribly sorry to have provided false information. Apparently corruption took over my card (DAAAAAMN YOUUUU) and I had many, many bugs. I can install themes just fine, all Dooms run perfectly (the tearing is still there, but it is a lot less visible). The emulators I have tested so far:
NES
SNES
GBA
GB (OhBoy)
MEGADRIVE
NeoGeo
All work fine. The tearing overall is a lot less. Win2X installs perfectly.

Sorry for the misleading info :)

Hi !

Just downloaded and copied the content of the .zip on the root of my 16G SD.
I started my wiz while pressing R-button, but it stays forever on the black GPH screen.
My actual firmware is 1.1.0.

Any idea ?

----------Edit :
Tried with another 4G SD, without success.

Here's my md5sums :

733e3bd1913d80efdc8b5c0a245e062c FW_1.2.1_rev327_20100209.zip

821a3a3e954deaa4711b79628baf4088 2010_02_09_WIZ_1BANG
d711b881c56d63b6996b971c0a0d7d7d copyimg_wiz
06392edc19369aaeb6550615902a45f7 loading
97bffc61081250a910cf5e0d52ca79e9 pollux_16_fw_end
dfa1b15ee5811c7c9e9fa274bbdd18a9 pollux_16_fw_error
cf90f9ee10af9329f71dc949483af45b pollux_16_fw_start
4a601c2c9b09d70b004bac44e92d041f polluxb
e92b629d79d81b71a649d6161ddcb1f0 uImage
ca384d2eac2fbef54ffcb1419c3086a6 uImageUP
43c3a8a6967bfff6cc16dcf59158360b update.gz
b5b359df265c05d3650a7ba259c74d61 upgrade.sh
9594f11278d4d9aadb524d35d56504bd vfat.img
0a972f10ef8167ba0def528f387d3dd3 vfat.img.sum
4aba36098dbed1869ed4ea2a0274efb5 wiz_ubifs.img

Can anyone check how BlastRiot is running on the new firmware? For some reason the game runs at thrice the speed on mine :S

Okay, started firmware upgrade, I'm really nervous, this is the first time I upgraded the firmware. The screen image isn't being displayed properly but I can see the red bar moving and make out the words "Firmware Upgrading". The red bar got to the end of the screen and the I'm waiting for it to say "Firmware Complete" but the screen hasn't changed for like 5 minutes now... getting worried... is this normal? Should I just continue to wait?

-EDIT-

Okay, it seemed frozen on this screen, I left it there for an additional 20 minutes got nowhere, I was fed up and restarted, but it worked, firmware upgraded... yay me! Sorry for the unnecessary post...

MiOdd said:
Okay, started firmware upgrade, I'm really nervous, this is the first time I upgraded the firmware. The screen image isn't being displayed properly but I can see the red bar moving and make out the words "Firmware Upgrading". The red bar got to the end of the screen and the I'm waiting for it to say "Firmware Complete" but the screen hasn't changed for like 5 minutes now... getting worried... is this normal? Should I just continue to wait?

-EDIT-

Okay, it seemed frozen on this screen, I left it there for an additional 20 minutes got nowhere, I was fed up and restarted, but it worked, firmware upgraded... yay me! Sorry for the unnecessary post...
Actually i was worried about that. The same thing happend to me.
I reflashed twice cause the first time it had a messed up screen.
The 2nd time when i restarted it dident go in to the menu and froze.
and the last time it worked completely but still no firmware complete msg.
Also all the files are gone. No flash no premade games nothing. :\

WithS said:
Also all the files are gone. No flash no premade games nothing. :\
Nope. It wipes everything on the NAND, but I read prior so that is normal. I hope you made a backup. I run everything from SD anyways so I didn't worry about that.

Mr.TwisT said:
Can anyone check how BlastRiot is running on the new firmware? For some reason the game runs at thrice the speed on mine :S
Yep. Its running super fast on my Wiz too, although I kind of like its faux turbo mode. Everything else I've tried so far is running normal though.

I've read a few negative points with this firmware. From what I see it just increases the refresh rate so lowers the battery life and the tearing is only fixed a tiny bit. I think i'll stay on 1.1 as I don't see any reason to upgrade. Thanks for the info.

i don't want to brick my wiz as exophase did months ago, so i will stay in 1.1.0 (and as a consequence my ports/apps/games would be tested only on 1.1).
Anyway, does it boot faster ? (my winXP is booting faster than a Wiz :D and i won't talk about my dingoo/dingux).

Any fix for SD card plug/unplug issue ? (very erratic, when i change the SD card it fails to reload the new one)

Okay, as far as I understand BlastRiot's speed depends on the refresh rate - faster refresh rate - faster gameplay. The tearing is fixed much, MUCH better. However, I noticed another bug. Sometimes when accessing "Buil-in Games" the list is empty, and through the explorer the games folder on the NAND is empty too. No such problem when running Win2X though.

zx-81 said:
i don't want to brick my wiz as exophase did months ago, so i will stay in 1.1.0 (and as a consequence my ports/apps/games would be tested only on 1.1).
Anyway, does it boot faster ? (my winXP is booting faster than a Wiz :D and i won't talk about my dingoo/dingux).

Any fix for SD card plug/unplug issue ? (very erratic, when i change the SD card it fails to reload the new one)

Hi zx-81!

Anyway, does it boot faster ?

Nope, not really...

Any fix for SD card plug/unplug issue ?

Yes, I think at least it is better now.

Regards,
Stephan

Well, I've been playing around with this a bit and I personally think it's worth the upgrade - can't really see any downside at all - unless you really want 5 hours 5 minutes battery life as opposed to just 5. Go on zx-81, take the plunge - upgrade! I'd NEVER reccomend it if I thought there was any chance of anyone bricking their Wiz, especially one of our greatest contributors.

Hi there,

Did anybody already check if Usb-Ethernet works with the new FW?
If not, would somebody care to do it?

rds

Kasi

Back