Official Pandora Faq

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
As suggested by MWeston, I started an official FAQ for Pandora. It is off to a good start, but I could really use some help filling it out and tracking down references.

Now, if we could just get people to read them before asking questions...

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
Orkie said:
Is there something wrong with pandorawiki.org?

EDIT: Beaten :D
He probably didn't know about it yet :)

I had seen a link to pandorawiki somewhere, but the bluwiki page had more actual info on it. Also, the Bluwiki page is linked to in the stickied "Latest Pandora Information" post, the Wikipedia page, and your sig.

Edit: I copied it over to pandorawiki.org. Now it's on both wikis.

Looks good, dunno if it will stop people making threads asking if the pandora will emulate X, Y or Z system though. I'll add some stuff to the FAQ if I get time tomorrow though :)

It'd be good if when people go to make a new thread if it had some text and a link that said "have you read the FAQ?"

The faq looks good but isnt the battery info outdated? Craig's post said pandora was using a custom battery. In the same post it said it should get 10 hours on gp2x recompiled code, which I took to mean same running speed but underclocked cpu, with a max of around 100 hours.

Nice :) It still won't stop the various concept pictures people have thought up though :)

greendots said:
The faq looks good but isnt the battery info outdated? Craig's post said pandora was using a custom battery. In the same post it said it should get 10 hours on gp2x recompiled code, which I took to mean same running speed but underclocked cpu, with a max of around 100 hours.
Recompiled coed would probably mean a higher-clocked CPU, because of the lack of optimizations and having to do everything with the ARM.

Chip said:
I had seen a link to pandorawiki somewhere, but the bluwiki page had more actual info on it. Also, the Bluwiki page is linked to in the stickied "Latest Pandora Information" post, the Wikipedia page, and your sig.
I can add pandorawiki to the sticky?

Squidge said:
Chip said:
I can add pandorawiki to the sticky?

We should probably pick one wiki and stick with it. They both have the same functionality, but pandorawiki has the custom URL and looks more like a standard Wikipedia clone. I don't think it matters that much either way, we just need a decision.

Whichever we go with should get a link on openpandora.org as well. The wiki link on the official page currently goes to Wikipedia, and that has been cut to hell lately. We should just concentrate on our wiki and make sure the Wikipedia pages points to it.

atomicthumbs said:
greendots said:
Recompiled coed would probably mean a higher-clocked CPU, because of the lack of optimizations and having to do everything with the ARM.

No.

Would be awsome for a slide or swivil screen cuz the flipscreeens arent that great, any way could they make the the display easily modable as in (make the ribbon cable centered ) so it would be easy to rotate the display, omg I can believe that shit is patteneted, I am lovving this device already.

Oh wait I got a great idea is it possible to make the keybaoard slide instead of the display, I gess thats pattented aready <_< but I lie the divice I just cant hadle flip open device, like i hate the ds just because its flip lol, some one need to steal some pattents :ph34r:

yor1001 said:
Would be awsome for a slide or swivil screen cuz the flipscreeens arent that great, any way could they make the the display easily modable as in (make the ribbon cable centered ) so it would be easy to rotate the display, omg I can believe that shit is patteneted, I am lovving this device already.

Oh wait I got a great idea is it possible to make the keybaoard slide instead of the display, I gess thats pattented aready <_< but I lie the divice I just cant hadle flip open device, like i hate the ds just because its flip lol, some one need to steal some pattents :ph34r:
Someone needs to use the search function.

Oh, And a speal cheka.

Trooper

trooper said:
yor1001 said:

Someone needs to use the search function.

Oh, And a speal cheka.

Trooper

...or maybe even reference the Official Pandora FAQ the thread he posted in was set up to announce?

I copied the full specs over from bluwiki and added them to the About page on pandorawiki, updating and correcting the out-of-date stuff. I didn't update any of the external links though, and most of them are very old. If anybody has the patience, they really need to get done.

I also copied the links from bluwiki over to the user links section and updated it with everything I could think of that is relevant.

Pretty much everything of use has been copied to the pandorawiki.org site. If nobody has any objections, I'll put a "No longer Updated" message on the bluwiki site with a link to pandorawiki. There's no reason we should keep two wikis.

Back