Official Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evnon

Still Fresh
I am curious if there will be official support provided by Open Pandora Ltd, and if this is it, may I suggest revising the ban policy of the forums. Or set up an official support section where people cannot be banned at the whim of an admin and cut off from the only official support for an expensive product. You know, like other professional companies. Just a suggestion. Have a nice day. :)

This thread sounds a little trolly... you only get banned if you repeatedly do something against the boards rules. if people disobay them or lack common courtesty they shouldnt be posting here.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum-62/announcement-27-the-list-of-things-you-dont-do/

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevsweb said:
This thread sounds a little trolly... you only get banned if you repeatedly do something against the boards rules. if people disobay them or lack common courtesty they shouldnt be posting here.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum-62/announcement-27-the-list-of-things-you-dont-do/

He couldn't just take the friendly advice and move on.
Previous post and warning see here

Edit: And your wrong on many professional companies forum, they have moderators who would ban for less than here!

Uh-oh, na-noo outed me :rolleyes: ^Edit: Worth noting, warning was on my second post...ever^

And I wasn't talking about other companies forums nor did I mention them, I was talking about support for products by phone or email.

Trolly? Not the intent. It is a serious suggestion. Most companies that make electronic gear provide support regardless, no threat of being banned for "anything [admin] deems worthy". The pandora is reaching beyond the small, closed community this has been so far, and I would suggest a look at what this might mean. If 4000 people need support, you can bet they will be plenty of posts in the wrong sections, for example. They going to ban everyone who does it twice? Thats legitimate, not trolly. Thanks for your opinion though.

It's worth noting that this forum is not owned or run by the Open Pandora guys, they simply use it as the OP community grew from the GP community. I'm sure there'll be a dedicated support email address, which will have nothing to do with these boards, so users banned from here will still have the same support rights as any other user.

Evnon: The Pandora team do spend a lot of time on the forums, and will often answer questions here. But the board policies of GP32X have nothing to do with Open Pandora Ltd, they are separate entities. If you're after ordering support (or warranty support in the future), email contact with OP Ltd is the way to go.

[edit] Beaten.

If you're concerned about not getting an email reply, there is a similar thread here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50186-lucky-enough-to-get-an-email-back/

Edit: Thank you Grusso, I appreciate your response (yours too benjy). I am glad to know there is warranty support, and that is what I was mainly speaking of.

The root cause is evnon is worried about some questions he sent. That is a legitimate concern.

The way he's going about it, now on his 3rd or more'th post about it, mostly against the rules, is like screaming in a room -- you're not getting the _kind_ of attention you want. You want the answer to a question presumably, but breaking the rules gets you the beating-attention, not the answering-kind.

Mind you, if the answering-kind is not forthcoming, its a tough spot, and herein lies the problem I suppose.

So out with it, perhaps it got missed in that mailbox; try hitting some of the core devs themselves, or posting if its a general question. It might be suboptimal if you've waited a couple weeks, but breaking the rules and being a troll is still not the method of getting some love.

jeff

edit: I can't type with these fingers.

evnon said:
Uh-oh, na-noo outed me :rolleyes: ^Edit: Worth noting, warning was on my second post...ever^

And I wasn't talking about other companies forums nor did I mention them, I was talking about support for products by phone or email.

Trolly? Not the intent. It is a serious suggestion. Most companies that make electronic gear provide support regardless, no threat of being banned for "anything [admin] deems worthy". The pandora is reaching beyond the small, closed community this has been so far, and I would suggest a look at what this might mean. If 4000 people need support, you can bet they will be plenty of posts in the wrong sections, for example. They going to ban everyone who does it twice? Thats legitimate, not trolly. Thanks for your opinion though.

Hahaha.....
Yea, well your in the right forum now mate, hopefully you've let it go and feel a bit more at home now that you've hopefully gotten some answers.
Couple pointers, glance through the stickies, and remember to use the search. :lol:
(You'll see why if you hang around long enough) ;)

Edit:
In addition to what Trevsweb says bellow, it's worth having a glance at the 1st two pages topic headings also (even if you don't read the threads). Usually it's the same questions that come up again and again, or there's a thread that's been made for it.

by all means ask a question. this is why we have moderators too... not just to police uncon'troll'able people ;) , but to manage the forums.
i sometimes get annoyed when people barge in an say "use the search" as much as anyone would think about someone saying "F1rst" maybe alot of new members dont know how to search.
the search box at the top searches the whole forum not just specific forums as in the advanced search. so not always going to bring up something of relivence.
often the tiny bit of effort to get a relavent post or search result url may help them. then the topic can be locked etc and die its death.

i can see why drifting to GP32x might seam strange when clicking on pandora forums for support etc but this is prolly the best place for someone to come for advice.
but alot of big companies dont have this community support behind them, most the times they do take that long to reply often ignoring what youve said with a casual reply askign something obvious.

i wouldnt take it to heart. the OP guys have alot on their plates hats off to them for making it thus far. hope we have our pandas by xmas and the mods and experts here continue their good work.

skeezix said:
edit: I can't type with these fingers.
whos are you using?

Wow, that feels a lot better. Thanks for the rational responses. I have gotten my answers since and likely won't need anymore til the unit comes. Thanks again everyone for the constructive responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back