Official Promotion And/or Boot Animation/Jingle Thread.

I have an idea for one, but it'll definitely look somewhat unofficial, if I get around to making it. All depends if I can manage to get my parents let me get one... <_< An idea I had thinking "What kind of animation can you do with a blue box?" It's a homage to my favorite sci-fi.

Opening of New Series Doctor Who, the part with the TARDIS coming into frame and the camera rotating, but when the camera's at the right angle on the TARDIS, we hear the signature "vworp", the TARDIS light flashes, filling the screen white, and it fades into the Pandora box logo. I know it'll look custom, but I like custom.

It may be moot to discuss boot sounds for now, simply because Craig (I think... could have been MWeston, or possibly Evildragon, but I think Craig) has stated before that he can't stand them. I'd guess that would mean Pandora won't have a boot sound - though I don't know whether it'll mean the capability won't be there...

Not keen on the eyes, to be honest - they just look like Jean-Michel Jarre's Aero to me and I can't see the link with Pandora. Nice work, but it's not to my taste.

The retro one in the first post is great!

Tobriand said:
It may be moot to discuss boot sounds for now, simply because Craig (I think... could have been MWeston, or possibly Evildragon, but I think Craig) has stated before that he can't stand them. I'd guess that would mean Pandora won't have a boot sound - though I don't know whether it'll mean the capability won't be there...
Thats a bit dissapointing, was hoping there would be a vote for 'the best startup sound'. The winner would have their own sound booing up on all pandoras as default!

Oh, well, lets hope its an option even if it comes defaulted as 'off'.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is by far my favourite!
Good work!

I find the eyes so creepy that I'd go out of my way to remove them from the firmware if they were to be embedded :)... Breathing and heartbeat sounds would also have to go! There's something far to visceral about all of these intimately body related themes.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

WarmFluffyUK said:
I was thinking about a heartbeat and breathing during my eyes opening and then a chord playing when the eye zooms into the logo.
like this? I am sure that the chord needs improvement and some timing, but this is based from concept
Here
(this is at 800x480 res)

hey everyone , im at work right now.
BUT once i come back i will Add sound effects AND compose a jingle !
Expect alot of Retro 8-bit goodness
YUMMY

Thanks for all the feedbacks!

Tobriand said:
Pity about the jingle if its true, i love those. Everyone knows the little nintendo 'dading!' and the cool PS1 boot sound. I think it strengthens a consoles identity. As for creepy eyes, correct me if im wrong but i think that was originally Craigs idea. :)

Yeah i definitively think sound would be optional and you could just change stuff in the settings menu.
Even if craig prefers not , its still a comunity project and theres alot of different tastes!
i think the eyes thing is nice for the techno gadget people.
But we still should have a version for the people who stayed retro deep in their heart. aha.
I mean isnt it the two kind of people who are buying this device?

And i was Thinking of making a Retro Theme for the pandora.
Once the device is out.
I mean wouldnt be cool to have this little 8bit maskot dude doing stuff in all the menus you shuffle and when you shut down.
Having some nice 8bit pixelised icons and sounds.

SO once i get back from work ill work on putting sound to the animation a composing a jingle.
I had in mind for the jingle maybe a catchy little 8bit sound OR a SEGA kind of vocal thing but saying pandora .
What do you guys think?

Mr.Gonzo said:
And i was Thinking of making a Retro Theme for the pandora.
Once the device is out.
I mean wouldnt be cool to have this little 8bit maskot dude doing stuff in all the menus you shuffle and when you shut down.
Having some nice 8bit pixelised icons and sounds.
Yeah :)

Back