Official Promotion And/or Boot Animation/Jingle Thread.

ok,

first of Gonzos, is good, i like it, but then again i dont think its right for a boot animation

something more iconic, as already said, however if it could be incorporated somewhere else it would be great

anyway i hate, i hate i hate the eyes lol (just dont like them) kinda creepy, and not really anything to do with the pandora, however Warmfluffys is the best (at leats it has some iconic value)

anyway, i want in on the game, ive heard conflicting information,
basically whats the canvas size, the size, format, sound good or not good
and length

could you please post the definite or at least most likely one
thanks,

i think we need something, not creepy :), iconic, and quick, quick is the main thing

TeaJunky said:
PoisonedV said:
i gave constructive, true reasons why I think it wouldn't work, and you make personal attacks? GJ, you just placed yourself on the same level as me
Do you find it some sort of victory dragging people down to your level? At least you concede that you make personal attacks on people.

at least I can admit 'dragging people down', making off topic, uncalled for remarks, more than can be said of people like you and nailz

Last edited by a moderator:
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT , you guys start a fighting thread ok ? :)
here we discuss boot/promo animations and jingles

Okay , heres the plan. Knowing that The original retro animation is 10 second.
I will make a LOGO only animation being a second or 2.
Then i'll make a variation of the original. but this time The floors opens under the Pandora boy.
he falls , encounter a bunch of consoles and others . ( YES YES including tha pinguin ) fall into the box , then you know what happens . Total of 4-5 second !
You know like pixar , they have their full lenght thing With the lamp coming in and then stomping the "I" of PIXAR then the lamp looks toward the screen .
Then they have a version where the lamp is only stomping the thing then looks up.
The a version where the lamp just looks up!
GET IT??

Then i make my Creepy eyes retro "Parody" ( Im not making fun of it , i still like the idea ) for the blue eyes people OR halloween ( heheheh )

A few different retro animations for holydays; Christmas/hanukah, halloween, valentines day,etc etc.
by then , the pandora will be out and i will get a developper buddy to code the retro theme while i do the art and sounds for it.

Then everybody is happy. ( that is nostalgic and who likes retro stuff like i do )

How does that sound ?

Mr.Gonzo said:

Then i'll make a variation of the original. but this time The floors opens under the Pandora boy.
he falls , encounter a bunch of consoles and others . ( YES YES including tha pinguin ) fall into the box , then you know what happens . Total of 4-5 second !
You know like pixar , they have their full lenght thing With the lamp coming in and then stomping the "I" of PIXAR then the lamp looks toward the screen .
Then they have a version where the lamp is only stomping the thing then looks up.
GET IT??

Then i make my Creepy eyes retro "Parody" ( Im not making fun of it , i still like the idea ) for the blue eyes people OR halloween ( heheheh )

A few different retro animations for holydays; Christmas/hanukah, halloween, valentines day,etc etc.
by then , the pandora will be out and i will get a developper buddy to code the retro theme while i do the art and sounds for it.

Then everybody is happy. ( that is nostalgic and who likes retro stuff like i do )

How does that sound ?
Good ? Satisfing (does such a word even exist ?) ?

I really appreciate your effort and think that this "argue" should be end here [RIP], because everyone could customize their Pandora how they like. When some guys (including me) like the pixel/retro style, then they will use this theme/boot animation, if some other like the modern art more it's fine too :lol:
Hopefully we can see more styles, which show us the different ways the pandora inspired people...

i think its "satisfying" not sure though im only a frenchie y'know !

I understand you man...
You know back in the days , when Pixels where all the hype of polygons in the end of the 90s.
When more colors meant so much ! ( Comparing to todays HD )
And when repetitive chippy tunes where making our ears bleed and we loved it.
That was the shit.

Sure im still a gamer now, but THESE where the good old days and some of the best years in gaming.
and still looks and sound real good to me.

EDIT: to warmfluffyUK , ill watch it and add it when i get home !

WarmFluffyUK said:
Here's another one, but this is designed as a loading screen too:

I did it really quickly purely as an idea.

That loading screen actually scared me, PC volume was kinda too high...

failedartifact said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Here's another one, but this is designed as a loading screen too:

I did it really quickly purely as an idea.

That loading screen actually scared me, PC volume was kinda too high...

Yeah some thing about the sound really startles me and I'v listened to it several times. I do like the weird jagged loading bar tho.

Mr.Gonzo said:

GET IT??

How does that sound ?
Heh, point taken Mr. Gonzo on the fighting, the ignore user option in the control panel is a wonderful thing!

I very much like the idea of having multiple animations for the different seasons/holidays, whatever... keep up the great work.

AH. I'm 300 miles inland, but there's an OCEAN LINER outside MY APARTMENT.

May need a volume decrease o.o

SO , ill be home in 2 hours , and if the girlfriend isnt too needy , i think i will give a shot at animating some more !

( Im from Canada and its 19:31 right now. i work evening shifts in a bloodbank in a hospital , chasing vampires n shit..... (not) )

SO if i dont come back , its becuse of a needy girlfriend

EDIT: SOOO the girlfriend is indeed needy , but she wont be with me for the 2 following days , So animation coming your way real soon !

@ Gonzo: Yaya
@WarmFluffyUK: Interesting but personally I don't want sound with the boot, I find it annoying sometimes.

WarmFluffyUK i liked all your other stuff but i dont know ... I prefer the traditional straight loading bar, this one feels like an original Audio bar.
And yeah , lets keep sound to boot , loading is usualy a moment of silence and peace ahah.

( and i did jump a little because of the sound , DAMN YOU brand new surround system ! )

Kloplop , what does "yaya" mean ? :p

Kloplop321 said:
Yah, lets put subtitles on our animations while we are at it :p
Okay, and an addition to subtitles, how about a little man at the bottom right doing sign language too? :huh:

cb88 said:
could you just make it black and white so it doesn't confuse the color blind people >.>
Why don't I just make it completely black and say it's for the blin.... Nope, I'm not gonna say it!

Back